Range Date 7-31-2020

Shootist43

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
7,392
Reaction score
9,461
Location
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Media
28
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Yesterday I used QuickLoad to work up a new load for one of my 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers. In the past I've loaded 140 Gr. Nosler Partitions and Barnes X bullets. This time I wanted to try some 160 Gr. Woodleigh PP(s.) The program calculated the velocity at 2612 FPS when using 44.5 Gr. of H 4350. My Labradar showed 2604 FPS for an 8 shot string. I was happy with that. I had a three shot string touching each other slightly above and left of center. I made a scope adjustment and fired two additional shots. For my next shot I changed targets and fired one shot. I was one bullet dia. above and to the left of dead center. I figure I can hunt with that rifle as she now sits.

IMG_1068 (002).JPG
IMG_1070 (002).JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of those "...and sometimes you eat the bear" kind of days.
Congrats!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,932
Members
169,873
Latest member
AdrianaGlo
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top