Rain Outlook - Namibia

Coues106

AH senior member
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
138
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Can anyone tell me what the state of rainfall is in Namibia for the last few years and what the outlook is for the next year or two? Specifically asking about the area south of Windhoek. Thanks.
 
The next “year or two?” That’s a tough one!

I had dinner with an outfitter from the Omaruru area of Namibia right after the DSC show. Omaruru is northwest of WDH. He says they’ve had good rains the last 2 seasons and the forecast this year looked promising.

I do think the rainfall has been below average over the last 10 years with the drought of 4-5 years ago being the low point. Seems cyclical.
 
The next “year or two?” That’s a tough one!

I had dinner with an outfitter from the Omaruru area of Namibia right after the DSC show. Omaruru is northwest of WDH. He says they’ve had good rains the last 2 seasons and the forecast this year looked promising.

I do think the rainfall has been below average over the last 10 years with the drought of 4-5 years ago being the low point. Seems cyclical.
I heard something similar when I asked a meteorologist friend of mine but wanted to confirm with some people who would have more experience on the ground. Good to hear that things are looking up.
 
I was southwest of Windhoek this past May. They had tall grass (knee high) and water everywhere, and it actually sprinkled on us one day. From my understanding though, they were just a couple of years out from a very long (9 year?) drought.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,220
Members
169,968
Latest member
NikoleJudg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top