Question About 375 H&H

davidarizpe

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 19, 2010
Messages
189
Reaction score
24
Media
30
Member of
BBFT Mexico,SCI New Monterrey Chapter,IHEA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA, Mexico , Central America, Kyrgysztan, Scotland, Argentina
Hi, everybody, I am in the need of your help and knowledge.

I am looking at a rifle in 375 H&H Caliber.
It is custom made, It has an Enfield P17 action, douglas premium barrel, timney trigger, brownels cock on oppening conversion, necg universal and
and masterpiece sigths, mapple stock ( looks very good) , custom bases and quick detach weaver rings, I am not familiar with this action, is this set up any good, The owner is asking 1470 dls. is it worth it ?
thanks a lot.
 
Like everything else in life "it depends". If you like it it may be worth it. Nothing wrong with an Enfield action, Remington or Winchester are preferred over Eddystone due to possible but unlikley cracking issues reputed on Eddystone guns. The added parts are good ones. Cost money to put all that together. If it were me, I would offer 1K and let the seller come back with a counter offer. If you like it. Good luck!
 
This is an excellent action, very strong. Remington used it as the basis for their Model 30 bolt gun. Lots of the M1917's (technically the proper nomenclature) were converted to magnum calibers.
 
Like everything else in life "it depends". If you like it it may be worth it. Nothing wrong with an Enfield action, Remington or Winchester are preferred over Eddystone due to possible but unlikley cracking issues reputed on Eddystone guns. The added parts are good ones. Cost money to put all that together. If it were me, I would offer 1K and let the seller come back with a counter offer. If you like it. Good luck!

I will do exactly that, thanks a lot sestoppelman!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,618
Members
168,915
Latest member
vsvapees
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top