Query

JLF

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Taking out Mauser rifles, I am an admirer of American made guns, which is why when I went to buy my first hunting rifle I had to choose between a Sako cal rifle. .375 H&H and a Remington 700 BDL cal. .338 win. mag. It goes without saying which one I chose.
Well, I want to see what rifles are still manufactured in the United States.

The Dakota Model 76 comes to mind .
The Winchester Model 70 used to be manufactured in New Haven . However , ( unless I am very mistaken ) Fabrique Nationale makes them now in Portugal .

Ruger m77
Kimber rifles.

There are many rifles made in USA, but those two above are CRF, if we are speaking on CRF (controlled round feed) action made in USA, those two are worth mentioning.

Winchester switched production of m70 to Portugal, but it has great american heritage.
MRC is closing down, as we have noted on the forum.

Remaining rifles that comes to mind will be either high end CRF products $$$$, or push feed rifles. (nothing wrong with push feeds, but they are plenty)

I hope I made good answer, because OP mentioned mauser rifles, which are supposed to be CRF, then mentioned Sako and remington 700., neither of which is mauser type CRF.

So the focus of my answer is on masuer type rifle, american made.

All of the CRF rifles mentioned earlier are indeed very fine rifles.
But don't overlook a quality push-feed action rifle.
Sako, Tikka, Sauer and Blaser to name a few (although European) make amazing rifles.

Thompson Center Arms, made in America.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 9.20.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 9.20.32 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 196
Legendary Arms Works is made in USA. It’s controlled round feed, but different than Winchester or Mauser. I have one in 7mm08 ,but they make them in larger calibers. Dakota rifles are nice, but pricey. I have a 416 Rigby I bought as a used custom build.
New Haven Connecticut built Winchesters round out my USA made controlled round feed rifles.

Thank you very much for your answers.
Regarding the controlled load or push rifles, it is indistinct, personally I like the Rermington type systems, in fact I am a fan of Remington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter the Dakota Arms page .... Wow what beautiful rifles ... I like the African and Safari models.
And the excellent Sharp ... it is a luxury to have a weapons factory in a country like you have.
With my family we plan to visit the United States. My wife and daughter want to spend Christmas in their country, and for my part I want to see weapons ...

Last edited:
Thompson Center Arms, made in America.

I like the T / C Encore Pro Hunter Katahdin Carbine model

In the United States they have a big gun store ...

Ruger m77
Kimber rifles.

There are many rifles made in USA, but those two above are CRF, if we are speaking on CRF (controlled round feed) action made in USA, those two are worth mentioning.

Winchester switched production of m70 to Portugal, but it has great american heritage.
MRC is closing down, as we have noted on the forum.

Remaining rifles that comes to mind will be either high end CRF products $$$$, or push feed rifles. (nothing wrong with push feeds, but they are plenty)

I hope I made good answer, because OP mentioned mauser rifles, which are supposed to be CRF, then mentioned Sako and remington 700., neither of which is mauser type CRF.

So the focus of my answer is on masuer type rifle, american made.
Ruger 77 rifles I know, I liked the old models.
I saw the Kimber rifles on the website, I like the Caprivi line, it has open sights (iron sights) and a wooden stock.

The Dakota Model 76 comes to mind .
The Winchester Model 70 used to be manufactured in New Haven . However , ( unless I am very mistaken ) Fabrique Nationale makes them now in Portugal .
Winchester together with Remington are two emblematic arms factories of the United States.
I have been able to fire a Winchester mod rifle. 70, excellent weapon.

Isn't Weatherby a US rifle factory?

In Argentina they import from the United States:
Remington
Savage
Mossberg
Ruger

Isn't Weatherby a US rifle factory?

Yes, it is.

But we are confused.

Are you looking only for mauser type rifle made in USA?

Or you are looking only for american made rifle, bolt action of any type?

Yes, it is.

But we are confused.

Are you looking only for mauser type rifle made in USA?

Or you are looking only for american made rifle, bolt action of any type?
Sorry. What is confusing is my English.
I use google translator.
I'm interested in hunting rifles made in the United States.
Mention the Mauser as it is the only one I like but not made in the United States.
Do you get me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg