AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, USA (Northeast, midwest, Rockies, Alaska), Canada and Hungary
Has anyone flown it from The USA to JRO (Kilimanjaro)?

I've done the Delta/ KLM route through Amsterdam and don't love the way it's broken up. Would prefer longer first leg for more sleep.

The only other option is this Qatar flight. I know a lot of people use the Dubai one to Dar but haven't heard of anyone using this.

Thanks in advance!

Just got back from RSA and flew Qatar Airlines. It is a very nice airline with decent food. The plane was a new 777. But there was an 8 hour layover coming and going. When I go again I think it will be Delta from Atlanta to Joburg might as well just get the torture over with.

Just got back from RSA and flew Qatar Airlines. It is a very nice airline with decent food. The plane was a new 777. But there was an 8 hour layover coming and going. When I go again I think it will be Delta from Atlanta to Joburg might as well just get the torture over with.

Did you travel with rifles?

No I did not. I did read once on the forum someone did have some issues about some paperwork.

Search for Qatar and you Wil find the thread. He lost a day going due to rifle issues and then I think there was issues coming back as well. I'm flying Qatar on the 18th, but renting due to that thread. Travel with Guns in San Antonio says it's no problem to fly Qatar with guns, and I called Qatar Airways 3 different times to ask, got the same answer each time that it wasn't a problem. In the end I just decided if I lost a rifle or a couple days it would be worse that just renting a gun (I already had my flights booked).

Search for Qatar and you Wil find the thread. He lost a day going due to rifle issues and then I think there was issues coming back as well. I'm flying Qatar on the 18th, but renting due to that thread. Travel with Guns in San Antonio says it's no problem to fly Qatar with guns, and I called Qatar Airways 3 different times to ask, got the same answer each time that it wasn't a problem. In the end I just decided if I lost a rifle or a couple days it would be worse that just renting a gun (I already had my flights booked).

Yeah. Thanks. Sounds like I'll do the Delta/ KLM option.

I have heard all good things about the airline. My lastest bunch of taxidermy came via Qatar and it went really well.

Three of us flew QA from Dulles to Dar and then to Arusha on the way out, and from JRO on the way back. We each had two guns and had absolutely no trouble with Qatar Airlines. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the Tanzanian officials who were the most corrupt I have met anywhere in the world .

I have some friends in Houston that flew Qatar b-class to Joburg, via Doha. Half the cost of Delta b-class. They spoke highly of the service, food, etc. They were given a day room in Doha as part of the b-class ticket, since they had a long layover going over. That actually helps with the jet lag. On the return trip to the US, the layover was shorter, but still something like 6-8 hrs. They just stayed in the b-class lounge as no room was offered on the return leg.

I flew Qatar from Sydney to Warsaw with firearms. No issues but did need to send them a form with serial numbers prior to flying. Decent onboard service.

They just stayed in the b-class lounge as no room was offered on the return leg.
It's a fairly decent and very large lounge too, with a good bar (at least by lounge standards). There are 2 or 3 seperate food joints inside the lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!