PSA Regarding Ruger M77 mk2 & Hawkeyes (crf issues)

Someting

New member
Joined
Apr 14, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
I am attaching an image because I typed out my post in a doc and it wont let me copy and paste it because it thinks it is spam.
 

Attachments

  • image_2026-04-14_220250482.png
    image_2026-04-14_220250482.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 160
Just curious what did ruger say?
Called them since I haven't received a response to my email in a few days and they said it would need to be sent back. I would have to pay the shipping myself since it has been more that two years since the rifle was shipped so I am opting to bring it to my local gunsmith instead. It is most certainly an issue with the tolerances of both the claw extractor, bolt face and also casings. Should only take a little bit of precise filling from someone experienced. I found a wonderful article by Darcy Echols about the shortcomings of claw extractors in recent productions where the tolerances for both parts and ammo cause issues like above. It was titled “Claw Extractors 101 - Tecomate Wildlife Systems”, I recommend the read as it applies to all crf actions.
 
...<snip>... I found a wonderful article by Darcy Echols about the shortcomings of claw extractors in recent productions where the tolerances for both parts and ammo cause issues like above. It was titled “Claw Extractors 101 - Tecomate Wildlife Systems”, I recommend the read as it applies to all crf actions.

Claw Extractors 101
Jul 29, 2013
Posted by Darcy Echols
https://tecomate.com/blogs/featured-articles/claw-extractors-101


Cheers! Bob F. :)
 
Last edited:
Have you posted this over on the Ruger forums, they may be able to help
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,242
Members
169,512
Latest member
ciathornresle1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top