Price check used Heym

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
What's a used heym with worn bluing on the barrels worth these days?

450, 470 or 500 NE
Ejector
Pin less sidelock
Moderate portrait engraving
NOT a jumbo model
Claw mounts with premium scope
NOT with the extractor selection switch

Trying to assess fair market value as I contemplate a purchase. Price books are all over the place. This one is in roughly 90% condition. (A $1000 would restore it back to near mint as its been carried on a hunt or two)

Thanks!

@rookhawk Did anyone PM you on this? Surprised that there were no comments. I should think some member here on AH would know about this. Would be interested in learning myself.

Maybe PM @bassasdaindia
Bet he would give you some starting points.

I am always confused how the price of doubles here in SA is so much cheaper than in the USA , our bolt actions are so much more expensive yet our doubles are a lot cheaper .

A brand new Heym .470 NE retails here for just over $10 000 at today's rate of R13.50

I am always confused how the price of doubles here in SA is so much cheaper than in the USA , our bolt actions are so much more expensive yet our doubles are a lot cheaper .

A brand new Heym .470 NE retails here for just over $10 000 at today's rate of R13.50
Likewise in Zambia, doubles are not far off international prices, on the other hand a basic CZ will set you back 2x the price of one overseas...
so difficult for a comparison.

Likewise in Zambia, doubles are not far off international prices, on the other hand a basic CZ will set you back 2x the price of one overseas...

It is kind of funny, how much bolt actions are over there?(n)(n)(n)(n)

Before I bought my new Heym88 in 450/400 I saw used 470's in the 14,000 range like new condition with bluing wear. Hope this helps.

Rookhawk how much was the seller asking for the rifle?

I could help but my knowledge is based on the UK market so would be as much use as a chocolate teapot in the tropics.

If I read the o.p correctly it describes a pinless side-lock which is quite an up-grade (in $ values) from both the P.H and 88b models.

If that is correct I saw one on G.I only a week or so ago for $26k.
It was in near new condition having been fired but a few times.
Engraving was limited to light border relief, tasteful yet minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shay778767

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.