Price check used Heym

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
What's a used heym with worn bluing on the barrels worth these days?

450, 470 or 500 NE
Ejector
Pin less sidelock
Moderate portrait engraving
NOT a jumbo model
Claw mounts with premium scope
NOT with the extractor selection switch

Trying to assess fair market value as I contemplate a purchase. Price books are all over the place. This one is in roughly 90% condition. (A $1000 would restore it back to near mint as its been carried on a hunt or two)

Thanks!

@rookhawk Did anyone PM you on this? Surprised that there were no comments. I should think some member here on AH would know about this. Would be interested in learning myself.

Maybe PM @bassasdaindia
Bet he would give you some starting points.

I am always confused how the price of doubles here in SA is so much cheaper than in the USA , our bolt actions are so much more expensive yet our doubles are a lot cheaper .

A brand new Heym .470 NE retails here for just over $10 000 at today's rate of R13.50

I am always confused how the price of doubles here in SA is so much cheaper than in the USA , our bolt actions are so much more expensive yet our doubles are a lot cheaper .

A brand new Heym .470 NE retails here for just over $10 000 at today's rate of R13.50
Likewise in Zambia, doubles are not far off international prices, on the other hand a basic CZ will set you back 2x the price of one overseas...
so difficult for a comparison.

Likewise in Zambia, doubles are not far off international prices, on the other hand a basic CZ will set you back 2x the price of one overseas...

It is kind of funny, how much bolt actions are over there?(n)(n)(n)(n)

Before I bought my new Heym88 in 450/400 I saw used 470's in the 14,000 range like new condition with bluing wear. Hope this helps.

Rookhawk how much was the seller asking for the rifle?

I could help but my knowledge is based on the UK market so would be as much use as a chocolate teapot in the tropics.

If I read the o.p correctly it describes a pinless side-lock which is quite an up-grade (in $ values) from both the P.H and 88b models.

If that is correct I saw one on G.I only a week or so ago for $26k.
It was in near new condition having been fired but a few times.
Engraving was limited to light border relief, tasteful yet minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg