Pressure signs

In all reality there is nothing wrong with a 250 grain .348 bullet at 2190 fps. The Barnes load data has their 250 grain bullet at 2208 and 2308 fps with different powders and I usually like to back off from max loads that are listed in manuals when I am loading for my lever actions. Also not knocking your choice of powder but I can't find any load data for Allient RL-19 for the .348 Winchester and 250 grain bullets.

Most people can not afford the type of pressure measuring equipment that you would need for a metallic cartridge. Even most manufactures will not tell you what the pressures that they are achieving but only say that it is within SAMI standards.

Pressure measuring equipment can run into the $1000s. Just read the full thread. Get QuickLoad. It is awesome. While it can predict possible ballistics, it can't tell you anything more than common sense and a good application of reloading know how already will. I have used QL and a good set of digital calipers, a notebook, and chronograph for a few projects with different powder/ bullet combinations that aren't listed in any manuals. It has served me well.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, I've been away with work.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

That pressure measuring gear Grumulkin linked to looks pretty interesting.
QL is something I've had my eye on for sometime now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross