Pre-Safari Litters (Jitters)

And I thought this was going to be a thread about dogs!

I was thinking the same thing. I just had to leave the original title of the thread as is. :)

Reactions: cls
I think it is normal. It would be weird if you didn't have any jitters. Can't wait to read the report!

Litters, jitters... Embrace the hell out of them! You are about to do something awesome!
I cannot wait to read the report and see the photos ;)
Have a great trip (y)

Man oh man, what an adventure you are about to begin. I shot my first cape buffalo in Zambia. I remember it like it was yesterday(10 yrs ago) It was unlike anything I had ever done, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to puke or kiss the PH. Once the reality set in, I sat down on a termite mound, pulled out a Cuban Romeo & Julietta, and smoked the whole damn thing for an hour, never leaving that termite mound. I felt like I had just killed a T-Rex. It was the beginning of a sickness with no known cure except to run out of money. Nerves are just part of it, a feeling I hope I never lose, whether whitetail or T-Rex. Best of luck on your safari!

Yeah, if you didn't have any jitters, I have to think you weren't paying attention!

Pay attention, remember your training (which hopefully will be automatic)...you'll be fine.

@cls You should feel lucky that you have those jitters. I think we all wish we were in your place at the moment. What a trip you have in front of you. Good luck, shoot straight and be safe.

You'll be just fine. I leave in 9 day's for my Buffalo hunt in Limpopo. I too get a little anxious on leaving for any of my hunts. This is my second DG hunt and I have full confidence in my PH on every level. Look forward to your report and pictures!
Thanks, and good luck to you as well.

Thanks all.

csl.... Throw in some adhesive moleskin to use if your blisters come back it will allow you to keep going. Great stuff. I have it with me all the time in my gear bag or pack....it can be a lifesaver! I concur with billc bring home the skull/horns and have the cape cut for a pedestal mount and you can decide later what/how you want to have it mounted. You should be excited and nervous...that's OK you are embarking on an amazing hunting trip; make sure you soak it all in....it will be over in a blink of an eye but you will have the memories for a lifetime. Good luck and shoot straight!

Relax and enjoy the experience!

you will have a great time at mbizi with michael and crew. if i wasnt out of the country i would have tried to meet up for a drink or 2. :D Beers:
@cls , count your lucky stars that mike is out and can't meet you for drinks... that never seems to end well for me!!! :D Barman:
:D Beer Draft::D Cheers::D Passed Out:

You will enjoy the luangwa area. I was about 30km upriver from mbizi at the beginning of July and really enjoyed the holiday there.
Good luck and enjoy.

@cls Wish you the best, I´m sure you´ll have a great hunt.

Good luck and you will be fine.If you use your experience of hunting ll will be well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois