Powders, primers, bullets,.....prices and lack there of....and what substitutes?

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
... I wonder if the shortage is motivated by suppliers wanting an increase in price or if the fear of further restrictions has pushed demand.

Biden / Harris ticket is ahead in double digits in the latest poll. I'd say it is panic buying.

Ridge Runner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
Biden / Harris ticket is ahead in double digits in the latest poll. I'd say it is panic buying.

Yeeeaaaah....I for one don't believe in polls. Simply because of who is doing the bias poll and MSM who is reporting the results.

I would go with panic buying:

Companies reduced production capabilities due to the Coronavirus

Politicians and the anti's focusing on reducing, if not the total elimination, of gun owners being able to purchase ammunition and reloading supplies

Companies profiteering through price gouging due to limited supplies and production.

JLF

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I have plenty
Always buying....
View attachment 361082
It is a pleasure to see so much .... I go crazy with all that.
In my country there is not as much variety as the one you have. There is only one importer of gunpowder and on top of it it brings gunpowder or in bad condition or adulterated.
The best powder that I get is from Fabricaciones Militares, FM, it is the A19 ... it is a very slow powder machine, with coarse grains, which is used to recharge the lime. 12.7x99. For the .338 win. mag. with heavy bullets it works well for me.

Last edited:

Trogon

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX
Stopped in my local Sportsmans Warehouse in Northern Kentucky with a cousin. Powder supplies were thin but primers (Large Pistol and Large Rifle) were in good stock, Small Rifle and Small Pistol only a couple left. I grabbed a Small Rifle (WSR) and my cousin got a Remington 1 1/2. Best find for me were Nosler Partition 9.3 bullets at under $20 a box. Stuff can be found.

20200919_222008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest profile posts

I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!