Powders, primers, bullets,.....prices and lack there of....and what substitutes?

... I wonder if the shortage is motivated by suppliers wanting an increase in price or if the fear of further restrictions has pushed demand.

Biden / Harris ticket is ahead in double digits in the latest poll. I'd say it is panic buying.

Biden / Harris ticket is ahead in double digits in the latest poll. I'd say it is panic buying.

Yeeeaaaah....I for one don't believe in polls. Simply because of who is doing the bias poll and MSM who is reporting the results.

I would go with panic buying:

Companies reduced production capabilities due to the Coronavirus

Politicians and the anti's focusing on reducing, if not the total elimination, of gun owners being able to purchase ammunition and reloading supplies

Companies profiteering through price gouging due to limited supplies and production.

I have plenty
Always buying....
View attachment 361082
It is a pleasure to see so much .... I go crazy with all that.
In my country there is not as much variety as the one you have. There is only one importer of gunpowder and on top of it it brings gunpowder or in bad condition or adulterated.
The best powder that I get is from Fabricaciones Militares, FM, it is the A19 ... it is a very slow powder machine, with coarse grains, which is used to recharge the lime. 12.7x99. For the .338 win. mag. with heavy bullets it works well for me.

Last edited:
Stopped in my local Sportsmans Warehouse in Northern Kentucky with a cousin. Powder supplies were thin but primers (Large Pistol and Large Rifle) were in good stock, Small Rifle and Small Pistol only a couple left. I grabbed a Small Rifle (WSR) and my cousin got a Remington 1 1/2. Best find for me were Nosler Partition 9.3 bullets at under $20 a box. Stuff can be found.

20200919_222008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross