Possible to ship rifle USA to Mozambique?

xbr897

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
With Qatar airways being a bit unreasonable about not allowing people to travel with firearms when they book Qatar flights through American Airline's website (or other OneWorld carrier's websites), I'm wondering if there is a way to ship my rifle instead of taking it as checked baggage. I currently have Q suite award tickets booked via American and even though my itinerary is only 2 Qatar flights sold under the Qatar marketed & operated flight numbers and that I did this same thing with them last year without an issue, this year they refuse to approve my request to travel with a firearm.

I don't see it worth paying $3k cash to purchase economy tickets just so that I can take my rifle with me. Not too big of a deal to rent on a plains game hunt, but for a Mozambique Buffalo hunt in September I'd much prefer to take the buff with my R8. So if there is any way I can ship the rifle ahead of me I'd appreciate any info anyone can share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
val2024

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….