Politics

The question on issues isn't so much "concern" but "how does it affect votes". so someone may be concerned about this issue or that, but they may not see it as affecting them, so it doesn't figure into the vote. An adult with no children and no one in the school system may be concerned about school curriculum but since it doesn't affect them, other issues may affect the persons vote. The middle economic class is the most affected by Inflation, the economy, energy policy and gas prices- all related. These pragmatic issues will affect the vote much more than ideological issues.

Issues aside, the Democrats have a machine, a voting machine. If the gears need to be stripped in it, Republican voters need to get out and vote.

Issues aside, the Democrats have a machine, a voting machine. If the gears need to be stripped in it, Republican voters need to get out and vote.

That's where the issues do matter though and can't be set aside There are two ways to break the dem side of the Uniparty machine.
  1. Rep voters getting out as you mentioned
  2. Dem voters staying home because their issues aren't the important ones AND they are hit in the pocketbook when their party is in power
As Carville said, ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!!

That's where the issues do matter though and can't be set aside There are two ways to break the dem side of the Uniparty machine.
  2. Dem voters staying home because their issues aren't the important ones AND they are hit in the pocketbook when their party is in power
Issues 1-4 on that list are directly economic. It really is the economy.

Pretty interesting if you believe it's correct.

Gun control doesn't even make the list despite dem efforts to make it a top issue.

And what are the other issues that dems are focused on?
  • School issues (10)?
  • Abortion rights (12)?
  • Climate change (14)?
  • Jan 6th made up BS (15)?
  • Gay issues (17)?
I mean I guess violent crime (6) is related to gun control, sorta, and they are trying to blame on the other side of the Uniparty but man they really aren't getting much traction.

View attachment 494304
also peculiar that they just had to make the list 17 points long, not 10 or 15, or 20, but 17, just to include something that does not seem to be on the forefront of issues anymore.

I see pollsters/commentators claiming that the sitting DemonRat Rep for my district, DR (heavy on the DR) Kim something or other, a one term rep is in danger of losing her position to a Republican- a vet. But the one I don't hear much about is the district across the river- Dan Newhouse, a republican that voted with the DemonRats to Impeach Pres Trump. Fortunately I'm not in a position to have to choose between him a DemonRat in Republican clothing or a DemonRat in DemonRat clothing. At least with the DemonRat you know what you are getting.-Newhouse was one of those that had a bunch of money contributed to his campaign by the DNC in order to win the primary. I think the profession was more honest when duels were allowed.

It's hoped that the Dems that would rather be roasted on a spit than pull the lever for a any Republican DO stay home. Agree, people vote with their wallet.

1665748723156.jpeg

I like it when someone who is running for political office has played on the O-line in high school.

also peculiar that they just had to make the list 17 points long, not 10 or 15, or 20, but 17, just to include something that does not seem to be on the forefront of issues anymore.

Yup.

Can't leaves the gays off the list. Did you also notice that on that one question only they talked about "support" and not "concern." I found that interesting.

Ben Bernanke song starts at 22:01 mark. Pretty hilarious.

Why Keynes was an idiot.

From 12 years ago, but still relevant.

"I'm an American, I know more about it than you."

Hmm... Ad hominem much? I don't know @Zambezi but he's always struck me as a rational, intelligent dude, by his posts on here.
I live here, I study it. But if you think a SA knows more than me that's fine by me

with the greatest of respect Zambezi
what l know for fact is that the day Brandon was inaugurated the fuel in my state (Victoria Australia) went up 70 cents per litre depending what part of the state you are in, nothing to do with Putin
what l found out at that time, it was because of Brandon cutting supply by stopping the drilling ect.. as part of his promises to the climate change extremists on federal land or something to that effect
that is the reason that he went to the middle east recently to ask the crown prince who he had slandered to drill more oil as the supply is lower than the demand but was told by the crown prince that if he wanted more oil he should drill it himself as his shareholders were happy with things
Brandon cant be seen doing that though as he would fall out with the OAC crowd of climate fanatics
that is what l have learnt about that anyway although NOBODY who wants this war can complain about the cost, just keep sending more bombs especially Himar missiles LOL

it has been reported about international nato troops being on the ground in Ukraine including American and l am not just talking about the mercenaries, we can take that with a piece of salt
but IMHO l would not put it past them
no different than it is widely known that in the Vietnam conflict before it was announced that the Americans/Australians were there, l think they were called advisers ;)
well said, exactly correct. Now, the saudi's just admitted he tried to get them to keep pumping un til after the midterms. The world is in trouble and few realize it.

Since Putin's actions are directly related to Bidet's actions, the entirety of the gas price increases are the result of Bidet.
Guess who is selling energy to Europe and who caused the disruption?

I was in Vietnam in 1967-68. I could say that we were stalked by a tiger- I think the tiger was walking along and just happened into our perimeter which was not marked. The only one that saw him clearly was the guy that had the starlight scope. The tiger didn't make any aggressive movements toward us, so we held fire and he turned and went around us. That was December '67 and that was the only tiger that I saw while there. There hasn't been a shooting war there for several years, so there may be tigers roaming the hills. But I suppose the government doesn't allow private ownership of guns, much less hunting.
Thank you for your service

Why Keynes was an idiot.
To say that Keynes was an idiot is to make the same mistake that current revisionists make when they refer to slave owners as evil. It shows a clear lack of knowledge about the situation in which Keynes was seeking a solution and ignoring his comments a few years later when his methods were extended well beyond their original purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!