Picked it up last night!!!!

Heeler75

AH veteran
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
208
Reaction score
180
Location
Peculiar, MO
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
RSA, USA (NM, MO, KS, OK, TX, NE, SD, WY)
Last night went and picked up my new CZ-550 Safari Magnum in 375 H&H. I can't wait to get it out and put some rounds through it. It has the express sights so I'm going to make sure I'm good with them before I put the scope on it.

CZ sent the target used for the "3-shot test". With open sights, 100m distance, all three holes were easily inside the approximate 2" circle. 2 holes were touching and one was about 1 1/2" left of those. :clap:

Yes, it is a heavy piece of shooting iron, but wow, to me it is balanced very, very nicely.
 
I bought one the first year they came to the U.S. and had it customized. I had it ported in the front of the barrell, still kept the sights though. Then I had a mercury reducer put in the back of the stock and had a very soft recoil pad put on the gun. It is my "baby" for the big game of Africa. I put a 2.5X8 36mm Leupold VIII scope on it. 375 H%H!!!!

Congradulations Heeler!
 
Thank you very much!!! It comes standard now with a Pachmayr pad and crossbolts. I'll see how it shoots before I decide on any other recoil reducing measures.
 
Well, here it is. Gonna shoot it this weekend with open sights and then going to put the scope on after that. They also sent the target for the 3-round test group that was fired at the factory. 100m and open sights.
 

Attachments

  • CZ 1.jpg
    CZ 1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 295
  • CZ 2.jpg
    CZ 2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 333
  • CZ 3.jpg
    CZ 3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 287
  • CZ 4.jpg
    CZ 4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 313
  • CZ 5.jpg
    CZ 5.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 298
  • CZ 6.jpg
    CZ 6.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 302
Heeler75, That's great... It's like Christmas in June. :D
 
Looks great! I can't wait to hear how it shoots for you.
 
Hello, congratulations on the rifle, I have one equal but the CZ 550 (the most basic) Magnum model. Now I purchased (I don't have the rifle still) a Ceska 550 Safari Magnum, but I believe that the stock which mounted the rifle is the luxus (the rifle is new factory but I told the armero that I was concerned that the stock had crossbolts) and I am looking forward to having my rifle. Enjoy great health.

A greeting

Oscar.
 
Congrats Heeler... It looks great - enjoy it bwana!
 
You are going to love shooting the 375 H&H. Don't spent to much time on the bench. Go right to the sticks ASAP. I used the 375 in Wyoming last year Antelope hunting. They drop like stones and very little meat damage. Much less than the 7mm for sure. Grab a couple of boxes of the Federal Power-shok 270 SP for sighting in. They are cheaper than anything else and are very consistent. I shoot a Browning A Bolt SS stalker.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,707
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top