Pedestal Question

Wiley64

AH enthusiast
Joined
Nov 9, 2018
Messages
362
Reaction score
781
Location
Texas
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
South Africa
Have a deer head that I am trying to mount on to a base, can you please share mounting options for deer sized game on a base
 
Van Dyke's or McKenzie sell pedestals of all types. Here's links to the floor pedestals, but they also sell table mounts as well.



Ed Z
 
Is your deer head already mounted and you are now wanting to make it into a pedestal? Or are you in planning stages still?
The way I often use is to drill a 1” inch hole into the form as far as you can. Then drill the same bit into your base. A one inch dowel or pipe can then be used to attach the two together.
Shop auger bit or a long spade bit (mine has a long extension adapter) will get you there.
Not sure of your specifics but that’s one option. I lifted this one up a bit so you can see what I’m trying to wxplain
image.jpg
 
I had a wall pedestal blesbok, I wanted to put it on a table top pedestal. I ordered a termite mound from Mckenzies , it came with a 3/4” steel tube so just drilled a hole in the tube and attached a bolt and hung the mount on the bolt. When I get home I can take pictures if needed, I thought it worked out well.
 
Have a deer head that I am trying to mount on to a base, can you please share mounting options for deer sized game on a base

We need to know if it has already been mounted or is in the planning stages for a mount.
 
You can also build one yourself. Had a good friend build one for his son after it was originally built as a wall hanger.
 
Roostinridge.com , nice people , fair prices , great products!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,435
Messages
1,576,124
Members
170,518
Latest member
LamarKovac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top