Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
Nordisk Safari Club
Hunted
Norway, Poland and South Africa.
How do you assure that the deposit paid for hunting not "disappear"?
I'm a little uncomfortable with pay ex usd 5000 - in advance to a guy I not know. He could go bankrupt or just disappear ...... How do you do it?

There are risks in any course of action, but I chose to use a home-country (US) based booking agent. He had to forward 50% of daily fees to the outfitter, but held the other 50% and, at my choice, trophy fees as well, until I sent him an e-mail at the conclusion of the hunt. I felt as safe as was reasonable to feel and was pleased with the outcome.

Key to success is to contact references and do searches for the booking agent and outfitter on this forum and others to see what experiences others may have had, then cross your fingers and take the plunge.

I have never paid a deposit, I only hunt with people I know, and who trust me :satisfied:

Hi Norwegian Hunter,

Welcome to the forums, I think you will find a lot of valuable information during your stay. The best way to make sure your money is safe is to use reputable well known agents. Over the years I have dealt with a lot of folks who have used Google skills to find their outfitter or agent, some have been just fine others have not. Working with a good agent is one way keep your money safe. If the outfitter does not do what he says the agent is on your side and will help resolve the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PenneyWilk

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.