Parker-Hale 1100M

Aaron N

AH legend
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
5,073
Location
Alberta, Canada
Media
7
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
I came across an ad online for a Parker-Hale .375H&H which can be had fairly cheaply. The seller claims it's a 1100 lightweight, but from what I can find online it's a 1100M. There aren't any others for sale online, and not a whole lot of information on these guns. From what I can find, they used Santa Barbra actions.

I'm just wondering if this is worth the while to pick up as a donor action? Or are the Santa Barbra's cheaply made?
 
Anyone know much about these?
 
Can’t give you any technical info, but I shot one probably 40 years ago. It was a very well made/finished rifle. That said, Parker Hales IME have always kicked like a mule! The stock design I think caused it.
Best of luck in your decision!
 
I have a parker hale that was a 30/06. used the action to build a custom 9.3x62. It is well made and smooth. The original stock got canned. Overall I was happy with the action.
 
I have a parker hale that was a 30/06. used the action to build a custom 9.3x62. It is well made and smooth. The original stock got canned. Overall I was happy with the action.

I was thinking the action would be a good starting point for a 300 H&H
 
I had a new Parker Hale 30-06 back in the mid 70(s), it shot very well, I've regretted selling it many times. I've always thought it out shot the Sako Finnbear that I bought with the proceeds of the sale.
 
This is a couple pics of what happened to my Parker Hale

IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4127.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I came across an ad online for a Parker-Hale .375H&H which can be had fairly cheaply. The seller claims it's a 1100 lightweight, but from what I can find online it's a 1100M. There aren't any others for sale online, and not a whole lot of information on these guns. From what I can find, they used Santa Barbra actions.

I'm just wondering if this is worth the while to pick up as a donor action? Or are the Santa Barbra's cheaply made?

I had a Parker hale on 270 many years ago. I found it was okay. I messed with loads and got it to shoot nice groups.
Anyway why would you want a light weight rifle on 375??
If the rifle is cheap you might want it for thick scrub hunting instead of a nicely made new pet!
 
I had a Parker hale on 270 many years ago. I found it was okay. I messed with loads and got it to shoot nice groups.
Anyway why would you want a light weight rifle on 375??
If the rifle is cheap you might want it for thick scrub hunting instead of a nicely made new pet!

I don't believe its a lightweight, I just don't think the seller knows what he really has. I'd just like to take the action for a 300H&H. But that being said, I found a pre-64 300H&H online for $1600.

Decisions decisions
 
All things considered, I'd buy the pre 64 in 300 H&H and call it good. Getting the Parker Hale and paying for the work to convert it is likely to cost almost that much anyway. The Winchester would probably have a better resale value if and when you ever decided to part with it.
 
I think I sass that ph as well. It may make a good donor action for a 404 Jeff. It states that it is a magnum Mauser action.
If I hadn’t just bought a 375 I probably would have picked it up.
 
I had one in 30-06 , used action to make a custom 280. Great Mauser action , made a nice rifle, very accurate. Original gun was accurate too.
When removing stock it was glass bedded by Parker Hale. Bought it in North Carolina in 1986
 
I don't believe its a lightweight, I just don't think the seller knows what he really has. I'd just like to take the action for a 300H&H. But that being said, I found a pre-64 300H&H online for $1600.

Decisions decisions

Maybe you could design a nice rifle with that action and make a beautiful walnut stock. Turkish, French, or English top grade walnut and wow you’ll have a first class rifle.
Enjoy the project![emoji4]
 
Maybe you could design a nice rifle with that action and make a beautiful walnut stock. Turkish, French, or English top grade walnut and wow you’ll have a first class rifle.
Enjoy the project![emoji4]

Change of plans, I found a 1912 Chilean in 7x57 that’s in the mail headed my way!
 
Are you going to upgrade and change caliber?
 
There is a very nice and very rare PH on Gunbroker right now in .375. Its the Model 81 Classic, rare as hens teeth. Over the years I have seen a lot of std 1200 PH rifles called 81's, out of ignorance but the one there now is the real deal. I have no use for it, but supposedly they also made the 81 in 9.3x62, .300 H&H and .308 Norma mag. This according to some literature I still have. An 81 in any caliber is far and few between.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/765694673
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    300.8 KB · Views: 682
Are you going to upgrade and change caliber?

See how everything looks when it gets here, and then go from there! Seems like a caliber that doesn’t need upgrading.
 
I came across an ad online for a Parker-Hale .375H&H which can be had fairly cheaply. The seller claims it's a 1100 lightweight, but from what I can find online it's a 1100M. There aren't any others for sale online, and not a whole lot of information on these guns. From what I can find, they used Santa Barbra actions.

I'm just wondering if this is worth the while to pick up as a donor action? Or are the Santa Barbra's cheaply made?
I'm assuming it was the ad on CGN?
I looked into it as well. Definitely not the Lightweight version. I'm pretty sure it was the 1100M as well. Thought about it as I wanted something to build an 358 STA on.
Enjoy your 7x57! Great calibre
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,297
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top