Parker Brothers Shotgun

Bighorn191

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
GSCO, WSF, RMBS, NRA
Hunted
MX. AK, NWT, YT, CO, NV, AZ, BC, WY, NM, IA, KS, NE, MI, TX
Can anyone point me in a direction/to a place who can properly evaluate this shotgun and get me a value? I'm likely going to sell it but don't want to be way off on price. I'm in CO but can obviously send some good pics and send to anyone for a clearer evaluation of the condition.

Thanks!

IMG_3945 (1).jpg
IMG_3946 (1).jpg
IMG_3947 (1).jpg
IMG_3948 (1).jpg
IMG_3952 (1).jpg
IMG_3954 (1).jpg
IMG_3955 (1).jpg
IMG_3956 (1).jpg
IMG_3957 (1).jpg
IMG_3958 (1).jpg
IMG_3959 (1).jpg
IMG_3960 (1).jpg
IMG_3961 (1).jpg
IMG_3962 (2).jpg
IMG_3963 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who is a real expert of Parkers may chime in shortly, but I believe you have a DH model with Damascus barrels. Assuming it is all original (it seems to have a pad or horn plate added?) and in original condition, it can still be quite valuable in its current well used condition. Bore makes a big difference in valuation, and I will assume it is a 12.

Blue Book lists a DH 12 in 50% condition at $2500 and one in 30% at $1900.

I would urge you to reach out directly to the Parker Gun Collectors Association. The site itself offers a lot of information. For instance, I entered your serial number, and it shows a date of manufacture of 1894. https://parkerguns.org/index.html The site will guide you through the markings on your gun to determine the exact grade.

Your gun was made in 1894 and its value is largely dependent upon its tightness, bore condition, and original configuration such as barrel length. With a Damascus barreled gun shiny bores, tight on face, and tight ribs will make it desirable. Dark pitted bores, loose action or ribs greatly reduce its value. The grade, frame size, and barrel weight are under the barrels on the lug and barrel flats. The grade, frame size, bore condition, action tightness, barrel soundness “solder tight” and status of original condition are your determining factors for value.
Good luck. One advantage is it’s an antique and doesn’t require a FFL.

First you need to join the Parker collectors and then you can order a letter with all the details of your gun, which a buyer will want to see. If it needs any work, you will want to send it to Del Greco & Sons.

Someone who is a real expert of Parkers may chime in shortly, but I believe you have a DH model with Damascus barrels. Assuming it is all original (it seems to have a pad or horn plate added?) and in original condition, it can still be quite valuable in its current well used condition. Bore makes a big difference in valuation, and I will assume it is a 12.

Blue Book lists a DH 12 in 50% condition at $2500 and one in 30% at $1900.

I would urge you to reach out directly to the Parker Gun Collectors Association. The site itself offers a lot of information. For instance, I entered your serial number, and it shows a date of manufacture of 1894. https://parkerguns.org/index.html The site will guide you through the markings on your gun to determine the exact grade.
You guys are awesome, thanks for the great information! I knew there'd be some people on here who knew - this site has more knowledgable gun people than anywhere else!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoniaMedla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.