Overpriced Reloading Components?

I came across this receipt in a set of dies.
Original purchase in 1975

The press is still in use, I think my brother is still using some of the brass, but the bullets are long gone.

Along way from where prices are today
KIMG0872.JPG
 
I came across this receipt in a set of dies.
Original purchase in 1975

The press is still in use, I think my brother is still using some of the brass, but the bullets are long gone.

Along way from where prices are todayView attachment 514404

That looks a little high for a shell holder and dies. I was purchasing dies for standard calibers for $36 for quite a while, the shell holders that I remember were $4.95..
 
I came across this receipt in a set of dies.
Original purchase in 1975

The press is still in use, I think my brother is still using some of the brass, but the bullets are long gone.

Along way from where prices are todayView attachment 514404

Wow!

If I take the ratio of what I earned hourly in 1975 (I was a Senior in H.S.) and compare it to what I make today....that invoice would be $6,036!!

So I guess I could say, for me at least, these are the good old days. LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,926
Members
169,872
Latest member
LanoraKidw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top