Opinion on Nikon optics

NickyMaz

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
70
Reaction score
92
Location
Nebraska
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your opinion is on Nikon optics. I'm looking into getting binos and eventually a new scope. They seem to be good and reasonably priced but I'd appreciate hearing what people have to say.
 
They are a good dollar value, there's better stuff but you'll pay more.
 
They are good stuff and what I would call middle of the road.....Ford.
Not a BMW but not a TaTa either. Nick you can get better but you will pay more.
 
Their higher end models are pretty good for the price. I have 2 Nikon scopes and they have held up fine on a 338 & 375.
 
Of all the scopes I have mounted on my hunting and Target rifles which include older Redfields as well as Leupold and Vortex I like my Nikons the Best,Great Image and really good in low light situations,In the under five hundred price range they are tough to beat in my opinion,,had them on my Africa guns this year, Also bought a pair of Nikon Binos for use in SA
 
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was at a local sporting good store and looked through several brands (including zeiss) and I couldn't really tell the difference between them. Maybe I'm just unrefined but I think I'll be satisfied with the Nikon.
 
I use a pair of 10x Nikon and have found them to be perfect for what I do. They are tough and are as good to look through as many others that I have tried in the field. You can pay more, (or less ) but that doesn't necessarily mean that you need to or should. If Nikons are in your price range I believe you will be happy with them as I have.
 
Nikon glass is pretty clear and reasonable in cost. You pay the extra money on the high end stuff because of the high quality light transmission at first and last light.
 
One of the best values on the market. I have 6 scopes and 3 binos, all good to excellent.
 
Nikon gives a good value for the $ spent. Like Billcollector stated you'll see the difference early and late. Glare is another factor. You'll get less of it with better coatings on more expensive optics. The other time higher end optics seem to be superior is times like sheep hunting. You may sit and literally glass all day. If you spend 6-8 hours a day behind a pair of bino's you'll notice a difference. Your eyes will fatigue less. My experience.
Nikons are great for 90% of what most people will ever do. Bruce
 
You'll be happy with your choice, I just installed one on my AR Platform
 
Bino's are defintely one hunting item you need to check out hands on. Make sure they fit your hands comfortably,if you wear glasses do the eye cups give you enough room? Little things that can mean a lot when you spend a lot of time glassing. That being said, I have been using Nikon's MONARCH 7's for now my 3rd season and they have been fantastic. Great clarity and light gathering for early morning and late evening. I have loaned my pair to 3 guy's and each one bought the MONARCH 7 10x42's for themselves. These have been rated higher then bino's 4 times their price, but my suggestion is to take a look for yourself and if you do decide to buy, see if any of this sites Sponsor's can help you out. Just as a FYI, even tho I do some freelance work for Nikon it is my choice to leave my Euro bino's in my safe and take the MONARCH 7's into the field with me. I do not do any sales, just PR event's and product testing.
Drop me a note if you have any question's.
 
Nikon glass is really good. Nikon scope internals not so much. I would have no issues with Nikon Binos, but would never purchase another of their scopes. They don't track correctly or reliably and in my experience don't hold zero well. But the glass is good..............

.
 
I have Zeiss binos. I wish I had bought them years ago. With what I have spent on binos over the years I could have bought 2 pair.
For scopes I only use Leupold on my hunting rifles/pistols. I learned that long ago and still believe they are the only scope for hunting. Maybe a Nightforce also.

My 2 Cents
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,974
Members
169,879
Latest member
RoscoeGars
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top