OMG how did I do that?

I'm getting gunsmith to modify the gun to fire standard velocity cartridges and cycle the gun. PK said he would do that so I can use the ordinary (1075 fps) cartridges. PK the Gunsmith is off work with the 'flu.
I think he's just acting like a wimp dog!! (Joking)

The same man (Neil) who gave me the handgun gave me this Winchester 30/30 topped with a 3-9x40 scope. I was also given a fair amount of mixed cartridges. I had PK the gunsmith alter the trigger pressure to 1 3/4 pounds and after getting a bruised shoulder from firing the rifle at the bench, I had him put the recoil pad on. The original "recoil pad" was useless.
Now the rifling is fairly worn but unbelievably the rifle placed shots of mixed factory loads - hollow points and flat nosed and round nosed to near enough the same point.
I just have to re-sight the rifle (when this crazy weather changes from windy and very overcast & rainy - so unlike for this time of year).
The rifle as you can see a little used. Angle eject so great! Can use a scope.

IMG_3341.jpg Winchester 30 30.jpg
IMG_3340.jpg WInchester lever action.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was handgun shooting at an indoor range last Saturday.
Now I bent down (kneeled from memory) to use a rest.
I fired the 22 semi auto. Yikes the gun bit me!
Obviously I was holding wrongly - honestly cannot remember what I did though (stupidity obviously)
ALSO cannot seem to find 22 high velocity cartridges. I need those to cycle the bolt.

View attachment 473575View attachment 473576View attachment 473577
Can you post a picture of the other side? Think your finger was riding under the slide would like to see what it looks like.

If it needs 22 win, auto, then the case diameter is same as WMR, just shorter. Have a couple of collector boxes of the stuff I bought through ignorance when I was 15. now surely that could not have been caused by blowback around the smaller case of a .22 LR?

I was given this gun. The man who gave it to me also gave me a 30/30.
I’ll post a photo of the rifle.
The handgun is a Star.nice little gun (but with a wicked attitude as I found out).
Yes sir, a Star it is. Last time I took mom's Star to the range it surprised me how accurate it was. Neat gun, just watch out for the teeth!!

Star FR, my very first handgun, (privately owned, outside the Army) back in 1974.

You had them with three different barrel lenghts, and mine worked perfectly with standard .22 rounds.

It was a copy of the Walther Olympia.

I was handgun shooting at an indoor range last Saturday.
Now I bent down (kneeled from memory) to use a rest.
I fired the 22 semi auto. Yikes the gun bit me!
Obviously I was holding wrongly - honestly cannot remember what I did though (stupidity obviously)
ALSO cannot seem to find 22 high velocity cartridges. I need those to cycle the bolt.

View attachment 473575View attachment 473576View attachment 473577
@Dr Ray
What part of it bit you or did you shoot yourself. Either way it doesn't look good

Dr. Ray, you've got me baffled as well. Given a proper two-handed grip, the index finger of the weak (in this case your left) hand should be below your trigger finger. Could this have been caused by something other than the pistol?
If this is the case then it is possible that Dr . Ray had his index finger under the barrel but in front of the slide , the slide works independently from the barrel so when the shot goes off the slide will obviously move rearwards and then forwards , if ones finger is in that position it might be possible that the left front part of the slide might cut ones finger .
If this was not the scenario then I think the only other way to get such an injury is from having ones finger close to the muzzle when the pistol is shot . All assumption of course .

If this is the case then it is possible that Dr . Ray had his index finger under the barrel but in front of the slide , the slide works independently from the barrel so when the shot goes off the slide will obviously move rearwards and then forwards , if ones finger is in that position it might be possible that the left front part of the slide might cut ones finger .
If this was not the scenario then I think the only other way to get such an injury is from having ones finger close to the muzzle when the pistol is shot . All assumption of course .

That’s what happened!

I'm getting gunsmith to modify the gun to fire standard velocity cartridges and cycle the gun. PK said he would do that so I can use the ordinary (1075 fps) cartridges. PK the Gunsmith is off work with the 'flu.
I think he's just acting like a wimp dog!! (Joking)
Poor PK; he's been "Mr Fixit" on all sorts of firearms for a long time. If I make it to Cairns, you both are on my "visiting" list. I the past, I've found RWS High Velocity would run any semi-auto, sadly their solids are no longer available, I suspect ...

Has the injury adversely effected your surgery skills??
@geoff rath
Geoff he did the injury to his left hand that way he could still practice his surgery skills.
If you think that's bad don't trust him with a nice sharp Von Gruff knife. I shudder at the thought.
Bob

Yes sir, a Star it is. Last time I took mom's Star to the range it surprised me how accurate it was. Neat gun, just watch out for the teeth!!
Maybe I should call the little hand gun "Mini Jaws"

Has the injury adversely effected your surgery skills??
The pain in my finger (Still) I couldn't do anything. I keep bumping it! Shall we say a sharp reminder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you