Omay North Concession awarded to MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Any resolution to this? Been a while...

In 2009 my first hunt in Zimbabwe was in Omay North, Martin was the PH and Dalton was an appy. That area will always be special to me.

I hope everything works out well for all the stakeholders.

Congratulations Martin.

I'm still waiting to get an official answer, tomorrow is 30 days from wheels up for me as long as this doesn't screw it up, so I am definitely keeping up with it. I will let you all know as soon as I hear something concrete.
We are waiting as well we are booked for the 1st of August.

I know current D&Y group is at a different concession

Agreed. It’s been 2 months since the initial post and no updates. @MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS are you able share any info on how things are progressing with the resolution of this issue?
One would think there has been adequate time to provide a simple update or clarification but apparently not.

I know current D&Y group is at a different concession
Would that be in the Omay South which D&Y also has and is not addressed in this thread?

Would that be in the Omay South which D&Y also has and is not addressed in this thread?

No. The current D&Y group is further east on a different concession. Seems they are doing well though ;)

One would think there has been adequate time to provide a simple update or clarification but apparently not.

TIA !!! :mad:

I think that neither effected party coming out with much info reflects how complicated it might be. And it add misery to mystery, right during peak safari season.

Wouldn’t the burden of proof be the responsibility of those saying Martin DIDNT get the concession?
Burden of proof? This isn’t a court of law. Simply multiple polite inquiries if there is any additional info available. After all, Martin is the one who posted this originally and he is the AH Sponsor/Member. It doesn’t seem out of line to inquire. And as of yet I don’t see anyone casting shade.

Martin must surely be following all of this on AH, most of these camps have internet after all. Although I am not a scheduled client of his I would have thought that having put out the first announcement he would have had, dare I say, the courtesy to put it all to rest? AH is a massive future potential client source, one should listen to the drums, even if there is no substance at least respond and say so.

Burden of proof? This isn’t a court of law. Simply multiple polite inquiries if there is any additional info available. After all, Martin is the one who posted this originally and he is the AH Sponsor/Member. It doesn’t seem out of line to inquire. And as of yet I don’t see anyone casting shade.
You’re right it’s not the court of law, but you seem to be questioning the legitimacy of the acquisition when you ask if there’s been any resolution. From what I’ve read, no one on the ground has claimed that this wasn’t legit. Maybe you have some inside info, but to me, by Martin posting that they are the new concession holders, nothing needs to be updated or resolved.

But like I said, I don’t have any inside info on Zim. If you do, maybe you can post it to help hunters hoping to hunt this area do their DD, so they don’t get burnt.

You’re right it’s not the court of law, but you seem to be questioning the legitimacy of the acquisition when you ask if there’s been any resolution. From what I’ve read, no one on the ground has claimed that this wasn’t legit. Maybe you have some inside info, but to me, by Martin posting that they are the new concession holders, nothing needs to be updated or resolved.

But like I said, I don’t have any inside info on Zim. If you do, maybe you can post it to help hunters hoping to hunt this area do their DD, so they don’t get burnt.
I believe if you go back to the beginning of this thread and read through from the start, you will see multiple members’ posts that raise questions about what’s going on. None of which are mine by the way. I have not questioned the legitimacy of anything. Simply one of several people who are asking if additional light can be shed on the situation. And I‘m actually attempting to go straight to the source who might have the most accurate and up to date info, Martin Pieters. If that in some way seems to be questioning the legitimacy of anything I’m not sure what more to say?
Again, read all posts through from the start and I believe you may come away with a different perception.
Thanks
Dan

I believe if you go back to the beginning of this thread and read through from the start, you will see multiple members’ posts that raise questions about what’s going on. None of which are mine by the way. I have not questioned the legitimacy of anything. Simply one of several people who are asking if additional light can be shed on the situation. And I‘m actually attempting to go straight to the source who might have the most accurate and up to date info, Martin Pieters. If that in some way seems to be questioning the legitimacy of anything I’m not sure what more to say?
Again, read all posts through from the start and I believe you may come away with a different perception.
Thanks
Dan
If you look at my original comment, you’ll see I quoted three members. I could have gotten more, but they were all grouped together nicely to make it easy. You responded back, so yes, I cherry picked your comment, but in no way am I singling you out.

Personally, I don’t think Martin needs to waste his time to come back here and tell the members that once again that he was awarded the concession, seeing as nothing aside from a few hmm’s and haaa’s suggest anything in the contrary.

Perhaps the best way for Martin to confirm is to offer some deals for this new property that our members can take advantage of?

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyWilmo

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double