Old Boar

BenKK

AH elite
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
2,645
Location
Northern Territory, Australia
Media
176
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Australia/NZ
4
.300H&H, 180 grain TSX

IMG_5497.JPG


IMG_5492.JPG
 
Nice Boar I think I need a 300HH
 
Nice porker!
 
Short, stubby ones, but I didn’t go fishing around for a proper look as he was too rank and diseased, blind in at least one eye, ears ripped.
 
Short, stubby ones, but I didn’t go fishing around for a proper look as he was too rank and diseased, blind in at least one eye, ears ripped.
Yeah fair enough, are any of them up that way edible?
 
Rough old warrior and plenty battle scars. Interesting trophy.
 
I like the .300 H&H. I should have hung onto mine.
 
He is black as can be isn't he. Congrats
Bruce
 
Congrats sir!
 
Very nice, congrats!
 
Nice pick-up Ben.

Early Dry season boars are usually hard to come by.

Is that a burn in the backround ?
If so I found that they come around fresh burns to forage for whatever may be found on the surface, insects, lizards etc.

Well done, nice looking rifle too.
 
Dry nice. Good hunting.[emoji4]
 
Nice pick-up Ben.

Early Dry season boars are usually hard to come by.

Is that a burn in the backround ?
If so I found that they come around fresh burns to forage for whatever may be found on the surface, insects, lizards etc.

Well done, nice looking rifle too.

Cheers, Paul! Learn something new everyday! Makes sense, as he appeared almost completely blind. The burn was indeed pretty fresh, from last weekend.
 
Interestingly we believe we’ve been just behind catching this guy out several times over the last year. We couldn’t even get him on baits last year or yesterday, but the burn at dawn caught him out.
 
What rifle and caliber, Ben?
 
Sorry saw the 300
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,430
Messages
1,575,996
Members
170,500
Latest member
ChristelLy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top