Ocellated Turkey Mount

IMG_0061.jpeg


I went with the flying mount on my ocellated turkey from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.

IMG_2210.jpeg


They sure are pretty birds. Enjoy your hunt and keep us posted with your trophies.

Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
 
Hello everyone! I’m planning on going to the Yucatán on my first out of the states hunt for an Ocellated Turkey Hunt Lord willing. Scheduled to leave next month. Was wondering if yall could recommend some taxidermist for an Ocellated Turkey and Coatimundi. And also post your mount photos so I could get some ideas on the form and such that is if the Good Lord blesses me with a safe and successful harvest. Thanks in advance and look forward to seeing some photos!!
I’m not sure if David Luke in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana is even still in business. If so; he’s your guy. He’s an Ivy League grad in Ornithology. Literally wrote the book on Ocellated turkey taxidermy. When the Smithsonian wanted the Dodo bird redone; they called him.
 
John Beard out of Tennessee. Or Shane smith in Alabama.
I have 30 years of turkey seasons and research and etc under my belt and these guys are best I have seen.
 
You may be on top of this but I’m fairly certain ofellated require cites permits-make sure you address that before you start your hunt. Or prove me wrong, either way your butt will he covered
Yes we have our cites for the turkey. Waiting on a response from the outfitter if we need another cites for the koati or if we can use the same cites permit for both because we are obviously hunting the turkey and then the koati if we have time
 
All hunted with balam which was bought out by wta owned by Mark Peterson. Awesome location hunting in the high jungle on the boarder of Belize and Guatemala.
 
That is excellent taxidermy and very cool specimens-congratulations and thank you for sharing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,600
Members
169,766
Latest member
xoso66samcom
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top