Obscure hunts

Reed Thoma Outdoors

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
109
Reaction score
236
Location
North Dakota
Media
16
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
RSA, Poland, USA (MN, SD, ND, TX, AR)
What are some of the most unknown hunts out there? The more I look into different hunts around the world, I seem to find some other hunt that looks like it would be a cool experience or a cool trophy. Are there any animals out there that stay out of public eye due to rarity, price, difficulty, etc?
 
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen can tell you the most unbelievable tail about a species of field mice....

Walrus seems like a pretty unique one to me.
 
One that has always fascinated me is the whale hunts in the Faroe Islands. I would absolutely love to partake but it is considered a native hunt and only residents can contribute. Also if memory serves it requires a coarse.
 
A true wild bison hunt in Alaska is an interesting and unique hunt.
You don't have to go to Alaska for that hunt. Utah has two totally wild bison hunts in the state.

The only problem is drawing the tag in either of them
 
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen can tell you the most unbelievable tail about a species of field mice....

Walrus seems like a pretty unique one to me.
@ Skinnersblade
The only problem with hunting the elusive sabre tooth field mouse is you must consume copious quantities of Bundy Rum to see them and by that time it is not advisable to shoot them because you are to pissed. If you have a low tolerance to Bundy you may see one after minimal amount of rum. This way y ou can safely shoot one.
Bob.
 
I think a full bears of the world slam would be a very obscure challenge. Polar, Sun, Spectacled and giant Panda!
Wouldn’t you then still need black and grizzly?
 
Not a hunt but an amazing rush for anyone lucky enough to try is harpooning swordfish. Standing in the pulpit trying to time your throw while the spray beats in your face. You’ve got to time both the movements of the fish and the movements of the boat amazing feeling when everything works out right.
 
Is it possible that some are not taking this question seriously?
Asking for a friend.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,028
Members
169,888
Latest member
Sonia16980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top