Obatex in a Flintlock

Buff

New member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
34
Media
47
Member of
LSBA
I have a trip booked next year in the RSA. I would likle to take my Flintlock. The Outfitter has Obatex black powder.
Has anyone used it in a flintlock?
 
I have a trip booked next year in the RSA. I would likle to take my Flintlock. The Outfitter has Obatex black powder.
Has anyone used it in a flintlock?
I spoke to MC Heunis in regards to your question:
Yes, you can use Obatex in your flintlock.
If it is a new unopened container there is suppose to be an instruction leaflet explaining the use of the Obatex . It is suppose to indicate the use of lighter load . Will contact members on my Black Powder whatsapp group for specific loads used for your Flint lock muzzle loader .
 
Buff, a friend of mine contacted me just now in regards to your question,..
This friend is extremely knowledgeable. He is a specialist in Black Powder rifle shooting . He told me to tell you the following :
Obatex is extremely corrosive , shooting it in your Flintlock will damage your rifle barrel. It causes severe fouling in the barrel as well.
Using the Obatex in the pan will not result is the required high temperatures to burn hot enough cause an ignition.

He is of the opinion using Obatex in your Flintlock is not a good idea at all.
If you can give me the Game Farm /Outfitter contact details I can take the ZAR black powder , locally manufactured here in South Africa by Johan Greyling of JS Gunsmith shop to the farm .
 
Good, I arranged for FFG and FFFG ZAR black powder for you to use in South Africa when you arrive next year Buff. I contacted the Outfitter and arranged for the ZAR black powder to be send to the Game Farm where you will be hunting.
 
Best answer for your question in to PM AH member @Gert Odendaal.
Thank you Ridge Runner, it is being done, I arranged with the Outfitter to receive FFG and FFFG ZAR black powder from JS Gunsmith Shop ( Johan Greyling owner of ZAR black powder) As mentioned before, we at JS Gunsmith in Emalahleni/Witbank /Mpumalanga will always be there to assist members of Africahunting.com forum . Just let us know when you need assistance when visiting South Africa .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,099
Members
169,258
Latest member
SuzanneGil
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top