NRA wayne La pierre

I changed to an NRA Life Member almost 20 years ago and haven't contributed another dime. I only support it so that there is a loud voice as far to the gun support side as the anti-gun voices on the opposite side so that hopefully we end up with legislation somewhere in the middle. A complete overhaul of the NRA would be the best thing to happen but I doubt it will ever get to that.

Personally, I'm not sure what is true about Wayne or what is manufactured news by the Black female attorney that is attacking both him and Pres Trump. But I fully agree that too much of our funds was being siphoned off by a massively top heavy group of elites. Have been a Life Member and even an Endowment Member for more than 30 years.....proudly wearing my NRA jacket to the SCI. Not anymore. .......FWB

mr. Pierre convicted by a jury and found guilty of mis appropriating milions of$ for personal use, and shall repay 4 million to the NRA, . WHAT DO YOU THINK,
While it was never her intention, I think NYAG Tish James did the members of the NRA a big favor.

She helped recover $4.4 million from Wayne, another $2 million from Woody Phillips, and made sure both would never be part of the NRA again. What the anti-gunners and the media have missed for the most part is that money is being returned to the NRA.

More importantly, it may be the needed impetus to reform the NRA into a leaner, meaner organization that does training, spends wisely, and fights harder than ever for gun rights. I want to see the size of the board reduced to 20 or less (12 would be better), the Old Guard who allowed this to happen washed away, and the NRA renovated. While SAF and FPC have been doing great work in the courts and state level groups have been doing yeoman's work in the state houses, no other organization has the power to be effective in Congress but the NRA.

I feel somewhat vindicated by the jury's verdict as I have been fighting for years for change. Three of the named whistleblowers are personal friends and the verdict acknowledged that they had been retaliated against.

Now it is in the hands of Judge Cohen. I anticipate he will name a monitor to help oversee the NRA's finances which are in a precarious state given all the money spent on attorney Bill Brewer and his crew. The sooner his pernicious influence is gone from the NRA, the better. He convinced Wayne to force out a lot of good people on bogus charges that they were traitors.

Did any of you see Lapierre's infamous elephant hunting video? That was disgraceful. At one point the tracker is standing next to the down and suffering elephant and pointing to the spot: "Shoot it here." And Mr Gun Guy misses the animal entirely. Again. I was hoping that poor pachyderm would muster enough life to jump up and stomp the entire party to pulp. The PH finished the job ... finally. By contrast, Lapierre's wife dropped her elephant with one shot. Why that guy didn't drop that footage in the garbage is just further confirmation of his fatheaded shamelessness. Been me I would not have been able to see out of my shoes. I made one mistake two years ago and nearly lost a fine kudu bull. Had my PH not shot him the next day I probably would have quit hunting forever. PH was at the end of the valley and I was following the trackers in the bottom. He asked me that morning if it was okay to shoot it if he could. I told him it would NOT be okay if he didn't try.

This, in the same month that my latest issue of American Rifleman includes nomination ballots to re-elect almost 30 of the 70+ board members. Wayne is really just the symptom of a broken Board of Directors structure.
Even worse, when you look at those nominated by the Nominations Committee, 26 out of 30 are already existing directors. The petition candidates, by contrast, include two of the named whistleblowers (Judge Phil Journey and Rocky Marshall).

While it was never her intention, I think NYAG Tish James did the members of the NRA a big favor.

She helped recover $4.4 million from Wayne, another $2 million from Woody Phillips, and made sure both would never be part of the NRA again. What the anti-gunners and the media have missed for the most part is that money is being returned to the NRA.

More importantly, it may be the needed impetus to reform the NRA into a leaner, meaner organization that does training, spends wisely, and fights harder than ever for gun rights. I want to see the size of the board reduced to 20 or less (12 would be better), the Old Guard who allowed this to happen washed away, and the NRA renovated. While SAF and FPC have been doing great work in the courts and state level groups have been doing yeoman's work in the state houses, no other organization has the power to be effective in Congress but the NRA.

I feel somewhat vindicated by the jury's verdict as I have been fighting for years for change. Three of the named whistleblowers are personal friends and the verdict acknowledged that they had been retaliated against.

Now it is in the hands of Judge Cohen. I anticipate he will name a monitor to help oversee the NRA's finances which are in a precarious state given all the money spent on attorney Bill Brewer and his crew. The sooner his pernicious influence is gone from the NRA, the better. He convinced Wayne to force out a lot of good people on bogus charges that they were traitors.
I agree. This racist bipartisan excuse making BS has become a dangerous pandemic in America. That gal in NY was doing her job. Just like the Justice Department lawyer who filed obstruction charges against Trump and crew. Watch PBS "Democracy on Trial." How could anyone in Justice Dept doing their job ignore that evidence?

Even worse, when you look at those nominated by the Nominations Committee, 26 out of 30 are already existing directors. The petition candidates, by contrast, include two of the named whistleblowers (Judge Phil Journey and Rocky Marshall).
Wayne's BS goodbye letter at the front of the issue was enough to make one throw up a little.

Wayne's BS goodbye letter at the front of the issue was enough to make one throw up a little.
After all that and the jerk can't keep his fat head down and bow out quietly? The editor must be one of Lapierre's appointed crew of apple polishing bagmen. Publishing that piece won't help rebuild confidence in the NRA.

After all that and the jerk can't keep his fat head down and bow out quietly? The editor must be one of Lapierre's appointed crew of apple polishing bagmen. Publishing that piece won't help rebuild confidence in the NRA.
Yeah, they should have acted like a reputable company or organization, and terminated him for cause.

Certainly she didn't intend to help the NRA; rather she initially sought to disband the organization completely. Thankfully that did not come to pass.

The questions that I have are (1) will LaPierre and Phillips actually pay back the funds? and (2) will LaPierre still benefit from some sort of "golden parachute" arrangement that predates the judgement?

Did any of you see Lapierre's infamous elephant hunting video? <snip> And Mr Gun Guy misses the animal entirely.

Not sure that LaPierre ever was a "gun guy." Might be more accurate to describe him as a lobbyist who found a cash cow and rode it until it collapsed.

As I understand it, there are four petition candidates: Judge Journey, Rocky Marshal, Jeff Knox, and Dennis Fusaro. Journey seems a solid fellow, and as noted above is one of the whistleblowers. Jeff Knox is the son of the late Neal Knox, who needs no introduction. I am not familiar with the other two but am willing to chance a vote on them.

I wonder whether Oliver North could be enticed back onto the board and into the fray as a write-in candidate? I'm sure that he has a bad taste in his mouth from his short tenure as President, but perhaps he would be willing to put things right with the proper backing on the Board.

How is this act any different than Trump using donations to pay his personal legal bills? Heck, with the change in leadership in RNC to his DIL etc., expect the RNC funds to be his piggybank as well.
I agree with one minor caveat. I think most Trump donors believe his legal troubles are all politically motivated so they’re fine with him using their money to defend himself. Nonsense of course. But there it is.

I believe Trump's legal troubles are politically motivated. How else do you prosecute someone for a "crime" where no one suffered harm and fine him half a billion $ "because he didn't express contrition" and demand he pay it before he can appeal and rule he can't borrow the money to pay it? If you are ok with all that, you are a fascist. Spare me your protestations of "sense of honor".
And if you believe the "news" you get from PBS, you're an irredeemable liberal.
I can see where this should be in the Politics category, but I didn't start the "Trump" business in here. But as a lie unchallenged becomes the truth, so gratuitous slurs accepted become consensus.

PS, I am not a big Tump supporter. I supported Scott Walker in 2016, Ron DeSantis this year, and I truly wish Trump would shut up, go home and let DeSantis fix the country.
But my sense of honor won't allow me to listen to calumnies repeated ad nauseam with 0 response.

The charges he faced in his business valuation case were a crock. These were 100% political. However, he has been found liable in a civil trial for sexually assaulting a woman and then defaming her afterwards. There’s no doubt in my mind that he was guilty of both. He’s also charged with inciting a riot. Not the strongest case ever brought, but only an “irredeemable Trumpist” could claim there‘s nothing to these claims. His mouth gets him into trouble. I’m not a fascist nor an irredeemable liberal.

I stopped giving money to them when I learned his salary was in millions. WTF?
I's an organization full of crooks, what a shame.

He didn't make millions a year in salary. It was only the last couple years he broke 1m in actual comp.

Edit: I am wrong, checked the 990's, it was further back than I thought.

Last edited:
He didn't make millions a year in salary. It was only the last couple years he broke 1m in actual comp.

Edit: I am wrong, checked the 990's, it was further back than I thought.
Didn't the bankruptcy determine he purchased something like 700 suits with NRA money? Really, who could ever use 700 suits? That many suits would last me 700 lifetimes.

Leticia James..................an alleged racist, labeled the NRA as a "terrorist organization".....and sought to bankrupt and destroy them...............FWB
Yes this is so, I agree, but the woodpecker usually flies to the worm infested tree.

Didn't the bankruptcy determine he purchased something like 700 suits with NRA money? Really, who could ever use 700 suits? That many suits would last me 700 lifetimes.

I don't know if it was that many, but I know the dollar amount for them was several 100k.

The Board of Directors of the largest companies in the world have 8 to 15 directors. The academic research on board size indicates that smaller boards are better and large boards are bad.
NRA is an example.

The charges he faced in his business valuation case were a crock. These were 100% political. However, he has been found liable in a civil trial for sexually assaulting a woman and then defaming her afterwards. There’s no doubt in my mind that he was guilty of both. He’s also charged with inciting a riot. Not the strongest case ever brought, but only an “irredeemable Trumpist” could claim there‘s nothing to these claims. His mouth gets him into trouble. I’m not a fascist nor an irredeemable liberal.

I totally agree. I’m not a Trump apologist but the judgement in the property valuation case is a miscarriage of justice and won’t stand under appeal. The bank is not allowed to accept the client’s valuation and is required to secure an independent valuation. This protects against misrepresentation by the borrower and collusion between the borrower and the bank. When this is overturned, which it will be, I wish that there would be some accountability for the DA and Judge. Unfortunately they will will not be held to account and will continue to weaponize the justice system within their sphere of influence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.