Next Hunt- Europe

Justbryan

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Messages
801
Reaction score
1,957
Location
Dallas Metro Area, Texas
Media
70
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
2
Hunted
South Africa(3X), Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Spain
I am ready to start planning my next hunt. I will hunt in Europe again in Winter 2027 or 2028. I will be in Namibia in September for plains game native to Namibia, especially Mountain Zebra.

I have hunted Red Stag, Fallow, Roe Deer, Chamois, Babary Sheep, Rusa, Beceite Ibex, and Sika.

I am now looking at:
England for CWD and Muntjac.
Spain for Ronda or Southeastern Ibex.
Czech for Muflon.
Eurasian Boar in Eastern Europe.
Wolf in Eastern Europe.

Budget for the hunt is $5000 to $7000, not including travel, tip, taxidermy, dip and pack, excursions, shipping, etc.

I would love to do Brown Bear in Romania or Ibex in Turkey, but they are both out of my budget.

Any recommended outfitters for Europe?
 
Following!
 
Following also, Plan on 2027 Romania for Chamois and UK for Munjtec and CWS
 
Following as well...

My wife and I have hunted Ireland.. and will be hunting Croatia later this year.. but are interested in expanding our European hunting experiences and are looking at other destinations and game options for the future..
 
Justbryan, that's a very interesting list.

Since I'm from the Czech Republic, I can give you a little local perspective on the mouflon option.

If Czech mouflon is seriously on your list for 2027/28, I would first decide what kind of hunt you actually want rather than starting with trophy size.

Mouflon hunting here can be quite different depending on the area. There are free-range populations as well as fenced hunting grounds, terrain can vary considerably, and trophy quality ranges from representative rams to very strong medal-class animals.

Personally, I think the experience and the area should come first and the CIC number second.

With your $5–7k hunting budget there should be realistic possibilities, but trophy expectations make a big difference to the final cost. I would therefore be very clear beforehand about the approximate trophy class you're looking for and how the trophy fee will be calculated.

Timing matters as well. If you want to experience mouflon during the rut, late autumn is particularly interesting. And if you're travelling all the way from Texas, Czech Republic is easy to combine with Prague or other parts of Central Europe rather than making it only a hunting trip.

One other thought looking at your list: CWD/muntjac in England and Czech mouflon are very different experiences, but both work very well as relatively short European hunts. So you could even build a future trip around more than one country if you had enough time.

If you decide to explore the Czech option further, I'm happy to answer questions about the differences between the types of mouflon hunting here, trophy pricing, seasons, or what to expect from the hunt itself.

Frantisek
Czech Republic
 
Last edited:
I live in England, and you can shoot a trophy muntjac and CWD, with outing fees, for around £3000 ($4000). We also have great sika, roe, red and fallow. Happy to put you in touch with some outfitters. Here are a few of mine from England.

1000159124.jpg


1000159125.jpg


1000159129.jpg
1000159128.jpg
1000159127.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,054
Members
169,891
Latest member
KrystalTre
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top