New Zealand to Ban Certain Rifles

Late to the discussion here, but to say an AR is not good for hunting blows my mind. I own a gun company and we specialize in building AR-15 and AR-10 rifles. On the 15 frame, besides 5.56mm, we build 7.62x39, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, .25x45, 6x45, .300 BO, and 5.45x39. On the 10 we build a .243, 6.5 Creedmore, 7mm-08, .338 Federal, .308, and .358 Win.

So to say the rifle is not good for hunting makes my head want to explode. They are great for young shooters as they are modular, and can easily be adjusted for young shooters. They can be scoped, iron sighted, or have a non magnified optic. They can have an adjustable stock, or a full length stock. The list goes on.

I will also say, hunting is not a justification for these rifles. The fact that we are guaranteed the right by our Constitution is. We should never have to prove a need for anything in the USA. The reason to have rifles is to resist tyranny or to revolt if needed, hunting is a bonus we get from having them. If you want to ban something, ban calibers and rifles that can’t be used for the purpose of fighting and see how many Fudd hunters cry foul.

I’ve heard media and lefties calling the AR-15 a weapon of war. Really??!! What war? A semi auto AR-15 has never been used in war. Ya know what has though? Mauser 98s, Remington 700s and Winchester M70s. If we are going to ban “weapons of war” why are they going after the ones that have never been used in war? I’m off my soap box now, sorry for the rant.

Citizens Disobey New Zealand Gun Ban, Only 530 of 300,000 People Turned Guns in

In March, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced the “first tranche” in a number of moves to restrict the rights of New Zealand citizens to protect themselves with firearms. This move was in direct response to the horrific murders that unfolded on March 15. Coincidentally, this is the exact move the terrorist who carried out these attacks had hoped for and predicted. The good news is, however, that most citizens are refusing to turn in their guns.

I hope the cops loose their records on who owns the remaining 295,500.

I hope the cops loose their records on who owns the remaining 295,500.
The cops dont have records and only way they coud get records is to go to every gunshop in the country and upift and copy the shop record of sales made there. The general non military semi auto (AR 15 with a different stock so no free standing pistogrip or flash hider/bayonet lug) is a simpe A category rifle so there is no record of them for the police in thier system. It is only strictly military styled AR's, AK's etc (even though they are all still civilian semi auto with no seect fire capability) that have to have an E category licence with each weapon recorded the same as all pistol sales. All other firearms have no record with the police of their sale, ownership or transfer of ownership apart from the online sites like Trade-me (NZ ebay)

I’ve heard media and lefties calling the AR-15 a weapon of war. Really??!! What war? A semi auto AR-15 has never been used in war.

Agree with most everything you said... but be careful with this one..

I personally have purchased and deployed several thousand semi auto AR15’s to Iraq and Afghanistan in direct support of Dept of Defense and Dept of State operations in those countries.

Granted I was working for a private firm at the time.. and perhaps what I am speaking to is a technicality...

But the semi auto AR platform has in fact been used extensively in two current wartime theaters.. in multiple calibers and configurations..

I personally know of it being used in 5.56, 762x39, 308, and 50 Beowulf in those 2 countries..

Agree with most everything you said... but be careful with this one..

I personally have purchased and deployed several thousand semi auto AR15’s to Iraq and Afghanistan in direct support of Dept of Defense and Dept of State operations in those countries.

Granted I was working for a private firm at the time.. and perhaps what I am speaking to is a technicality...

But the semi auto AR platform has in fact been used extensively in two current wartime theaters.. in multiple calibers and configurations..

I personally know of it being used in 5.56, 762x39, 308, and 50 Beowulf in those 2 countries..
Then I will stand corrected and revise my statement. I do not know of any military force that has issued it to be used in war. I do appreciate you pointing that out.

I can confirm what mdwest stated above. I carried a semi auto AR 15 in Iraq for 4.5 years during the last war there....but have never had the want to buy one for sporting purposes.

New Zealand Gun Control Fails as “Kiwis” Ignore the New Bans

New Zealanders have decided to ignore the gun bans imposed on them by the government in the wake of the mass shooting at Christchurch. They have effectively nullified the law banning semi-automatic firearms and shotguns by completely ignoring it.

Politicians are left scratching their heads and wondering why New Zealanders won’t comply with their authoritarian edicts. The so-called “gun reform” was expected to rid the vast New Zealand countryside of most semi-automatic firearms, magazines over a specified limit, and shotguns. New Zealand’s political chatelaine, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, had an almost unanimous parliamentary vote to institute the gun buy-back, though as Liberty Nation Legal Affairs Editor Scott Cosenza asserts, “Buy-back is really a misnomer because the government never owned those guns in the first place.”

As for how many now illegal guns are still in the hands of the Kiwis, that’s unknown. Because those guns outlawed have never been registered with authorities, it’s impossible to get an accurate count and impossible to know where any of them are. The government has shot itself in the foot because the numbers that are available, show that New Zealand is quite heavily armed per capita. There are an estimated 1.2-1.5 million guns in a country of approximately 4.7 million people. To put it another way, the land of the Kiwi is about as big as Colorado with the population of Louisiana. New York City, for example, is home to about 8.6 million (2017 estimate), almost double the size of the New Zealand population.

Not only will those citizens who choose to suffer the indignity of being stripped of their guns lose their basic human right to self-defense, but they will also be taxed for the privilege. Cost estimates to the taxpayers by New Zealand lawmakers went as high as $500 million to $1 billion to pay for the confiscation scheme. But the truth is, authorities have no idea what it will ultimately cost. Should citizens keep up their non-compliance, then not very much, according to Liberty Nation. This would make for a Kiwi win which would allow them to keep their guns and money.

But the “authorities” have invented stiff punishments for such a rebellion: Those who refuse to surrender their prohibited firearms could be sentenced to a five-years in jail. But how do they find out who has those guns and go about kidnapping those who disobeyed their orders?
https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-n...l-fails-as-kiwis-ignore-the-new-bans_06102019

The country folks in NZ will probably be able to shoot their "illegal" firearms without too much interference from the authorities. The city folks that use local ranges may face difficulties. As time passes without incident, maybe the firearms ban will be lifted.

Can you imagine how the "authorities" must be thinking about a non complient population and how they might have to either start in with the jackbooted goon squad, face having 1000's of inocents in jail (after mandatroy court cases that will jam up an already jammed court timetable) or having to quietly walk back the stupid laws they passed in a fit of hyper leftist draconian power grabing

Can you imagine how the "authorities" must be thinking about a non complient population and how they might have to either start in with the jackbooted goon squad, face having 1000's of inocents in jail (after mandatroy court cases that will jam up an already jammed court timetable) or having to quietly walk back the stupid laws they passed in a fit of hyper leftist draconian power grabing
Well said Mr Gruff !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg