NEW ZEALAND: Crate Unpacking Day New Zealand Hunt Trophies With New Zealand Safaris

Congrats for a great hunt, and fantastic trophies !

Fantastic trophies, congrats!

Another pic from a different angle on the stag, as well as some more amazing scenery. Like Africa, I wish I could go back every year or every other year! It was an amazing place

DSC01010.JPG
DSC00956.JPG
DSC01040.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
One more pic, Wallaby hunting, very fun and a great little extra on top of Tahr, Stag, and whatever else you may be after in NZ!

DSC01049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you had a great time in NZ Reedy0312 ,
If you do go back and are looking at hunting in Australia look up Bighorn Safaris , there you can do some more Deer hunting on different species and maybe ever get up to the NT for a Buffalo hunt .
Keep up the good work , cheers DB

Congratulations. I hope you loved New Zealand as much as I do! Just an unbelievable place to visit and hunt. I highly recommend this destination to everyone!

Reedy did you hike up those mountains every day or ride horses??

Reedy did you hike up those mountains every day or ride horses??
Charlie, usually done by foot...I ve hunted both the north and south island. When I did my tahr, it was a grueling hike up, although helicopters were available I was alot younger then and wanted to continue my " mtn hunts" the traditional way. Nowadays everyone seems to be dropped in by copter. NZ is a fabulous place to hunt. I hope to go back for a third time in the future.

Charlie,

We rode some of the way in a polaris, but the rest was hiking, some of these were very steep, but others not too bad. NZ Safaris does offer horse hunting as well. NZ is an awesome place, like Johnny, I really hope to get back sooner than later.

Charlie,

We rode some of the way in a polaris, but the rest was hiking, some of these were very steep, but others not too bad. NZ Safaris does offer horse hunting as well. NZ is an awesome place, like Johnny, I really hope to get back sooner than later.
Now try the North Island....Different but still awesome

You know I loved hunting in New Zealand, it was an awesome experience. But the one thing that I couldn't get used to was the fact that there are no large predators there. I just couldn't stop constantly looking over my shoulder

You know I loved hunting in New Zealand, it was an awesome experience. But the one thing that I couldn't get used to was the fact that there are no large predators there. I just couldn't stop constantly looking over my shoulder
That's funny. Never thought about that. But that's part of the reason why game thrives there. The scenary is breathtaking

Awesome pics, Great trophies. Congratulations and Wmh.(y)

A few more pics to share, one is what I'll call the rainbow cloud, another of one of the many creeks/rivers in the area, and other is a pic of my guide/outfitter, Jim Gibson. Everything about NZ Safaris was great, from answering emails/calls, to answering many questions, from the time I was met at the airport to time of return, I was treated like a friend and a family member! If your thinking about NZ, look them up and give Jim a call, he is very knowledgeable and professional, will get you on the game, and is fun to be around!

View attachment 49167 View attachment 49168 View attachment 49169
You plan on doing a full body mount on the Tahr?

Oh yeah, full body mount on the Tahr!!

Oh yeah, full body mount on the Tahr!!
Way to go! They are too beautiful not to... I originally did mine as a wall mount on a rock then two years ago took it down and did the floor pedestal you see in my previous picture.

Agreed, to beautiful not to, plus this may be a once in a lifetime animal for me. I would love to hunt them again, but I also have other critters on the radar for next time in NZ/Australia(y)
I do like the look of your floor pedestal, its going to be hard to choose exactly how to mount it!

Agreed, to beautiful not to, plus this may be a once in a lifetime animal for me. I would love to hunt them again, but I also have other critters on the radar for next time in NZ/Australia(y)
I do like the look of your floor pedestal, its going to be hard to choose exactly how to mount it!
That's the fun part though;) If I ever get the chance to go back to NZ I will be looking at Sambar...Awsome trophy. I saw several while hunting with Shane...Man I have a bug for one! Not a good thing for me.:LOL:

Yeah it will be fun trying to decide on what pose and if I should do a floor pedestal or wall mount for the Tahr! I also have a bug for a Sambar, don't blame you there! I would also like a crack at a Rusa and a Chamois. Like you said, that doesn't bode well for me to have NZ and Africa on my mind all the time, lol :E Excited:

So, getting the work done piece by piece from this trip, just picked up my fallow and one of the stags. The stag pic isn't the best, but once I have it hung maybe I'll post a pic in the taxidermy section.
Up next Tahr, and all the Africa stuff from last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

received_1357270387622467.jpeg
received_1357270740955765.jpeg
20160610_172506_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg