New name same opinions

I was never kicked off , simply a name change
Tubby, I think you clearly explained that in your OP but if you can be criticized for liking John Wayne….better be ready for “anything”

Tubby, I think you clearly explained that in your OP but if you can be criticized for liking John Wayne….better be ready for “anything”
Not my first trip to the principals office

Dodging service, especially during WWII, is a good enough reason to judge him. Take a look at bios for his costars and all the other actors in "Flying Tigers." Almost all served. His female costar married her USO tour pilot. Wayne's male costar, Phillip Caroll, actually did time as an Army pilot and nearly died in a crash during North Africa campaign (broke his back). Even one of the Asian bit actors eventually died in a US Veterans hospital. Those five "propoganda films" Wayne made with RKO were pure BS. Total make-a-buck-quick B movies. They were ridiculously fakey. The Battan movie got the name right and pretty much nothing else. Total fiction. Even worse was the PT-boat movie. It's no wonder GIs shot to hell booed him off the stage at the Hawaii hospital (my dad may well have been one of them). He was making a mockery of the war and making money at it. How much was their salary? Every movie star who put aside his career to serve never saw their careers suffer after the war. Quite the opposite. But hey, those cheesey war flicks at least provided Wayne an opportunity to screw around on his wife with costar Marlina Dietrich. Yeah, he was a class act. And that John Wayne treading water shuffle. Ever wonder where that came from? He admitted he copied it from Tom Mix ... who was a genuine cowboy. Forgot to mention he used his wife and four little kids as a legitimate excuse to get out of the draft ... initially anyway. Until his philandering ended the marriage. Then he cried to the movie execs to intervene with the draft board because if he was drafted he claimed he would only be a private and he was better than that.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion even though it is not shared by most Americans

I’m confused which country do you even identify with? Canada or the us. Your name is Ontario hunter but you keep identifying yourself as American.
I continue to hear the Jeopardy theme alternating with deafening crickets.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion even though it is not shared by most Americans
Yes, the public is easily influenced ... especially if the media/movie execs can make some $$$. Google the movie "Carpetbaggers." Every male on the cast and support staff except the producer and Archie Moore did their service during WWII. Moore, though he would become a world champion light heavyweight boxer, had to retire early due to ulcers and surgery which no doubt classed him 4F for the draft (he eventually returned to the ring and boxed into his forties). Lew Ayers, also in the Carpetbaggers cast, had his career derailed because he declared himself a conscientious objecter during WWII. The only reason he did that was because the Army would  not guarantee he would be sent to combat as a medic. Though morally against killing people, Ayers didn't want the stigma of cowardice. Eventually the military relented, allowed him to enlist as a combat medic, and he was with the troops when they landed at Leyte Gulf. His "cowardice" caused him to lose his role as Dr Kildaire in the movie series. Eventually Ayers was offered the same role in the TV series but refused it when producers refused his demand that the show not be sponsored by cigarette commercials. Now there was a real Amercan hero! But no one knows because Ayers didn't suck up to the media makers. Too genuine. John Wayne not so much.

I’m confused which country do you even identify with? Canada or the us. Your name is Ontario hunter but you keep identifying yourself as American.
An American can live anywhere. I have even met a few who live in Africa. FYI I'm a disabled US Army veteran, US citizen, and Canadian Permanent Resident since 1989.

Yes, the public is easily influenced ... especially if the media/movie execs can make some $$$. Google the movie "Carpetbaggers." Every male on the cast and support staff except the producer and Archie Moore did their service during WWII. Moore, though he would become a world champion light heavyweight boxer, had to retire early due to ulcers and surgery which no doubt classed him 4F for the draft (he eventually returned to the ring and boxed into his forties). Lew Ayers, also in the Carpetbaggers cast, had his career derailed because he declared himself a conscientious objecter during WWII. The only reason he did that was because the Army would  not guarantee he would be sent to combat as a medic. Though morally against killing people, Ayers didn't want the stigma of cowardice. Eventually the military relented, allowed him to enlist as a combat medic, and he was with the troops when they landed at Leyte Gulf. His "cowardice" caused him to lose his role as Dr Kildaire in the movie series. Eventually Ayers was offered the same role in the TV series but refused it when producers refused his demand that the show not be sponsored by cigarette commercials. Now there was a real Amercan hero! But no one knows because Ayers didn't suck up to the media makers. Too genuine. John Wayne not so much.
If I remember my history a carpetbagger Is a derogatory term used to describe a pushy over opinionated northerner who moved to the south in the years following a war and forced their beliefs on those of the south. I’m curious what you call them when they move to Ontario.

"Jane Fonda “humped” a Viet Cong Cannon and her movie career flourished afterwards..."

I may be wrong but I don't think so....
Hanoi Jane's movie career plummeted after her dramatics for support of North Vietnam on camera.

Vets and many Americans condemned her and boycotted her movies.

Although she has unsuccessfully tried to make a come back to the movie industry in her later years she is, and as far as the veterans in my family and many other vets, she will always remain and be remembered as Hanoi Jane, a traitor and a disgrace.

As a disabled American veteran I have no use for John Wayne. And neither did my WWII disabled vet dad. Here's why. https://www.sj-r.com/story/news/columns/2014/05/26/today-is-107th-birthday-john/37252322007/

Well I read your Here's why.
I would put the POS unnamed author in the same class as the POS Greta Thunberg.
If this is your basis for disliking John Wayne and his 'studious avoidance' to avoid military service. I guess you read through the part of his biography where he " applied to the U.S. Naval Academy, but was not accepted due to poor grades."

You should also look into the Defense Department's claim that Wayne's, popular movie star status, would be more beneficial to the war effort.

If you're trolling for a real draft dodger, look no farther than Cassius Clay Jr., aka Muhammed Ali.

Hey! There you are! ;)

When you get that museum together, just remember, it doesn't exist unless we see pics.
Go there and buy a ticket! Museums don't just pay for their ownselves ya know!

I typed this reply when I was first reading this topic. Now that I have read all the way to the end I have to say I am truly impressed the way we can turn virtually ANY topic into a pissing match.
YAY us!

Last edited:
Go there and buy a ticket! Museums don't just pay for their ownselves ya know!

I typed this reply when I was first reading this topic. Now that I have read all the way to the end I have to say I am truly impressed the way we can turn virtually ANY topic into a pissing match.
YAY us!
And we wonder why our governments can’t quit arguing and get shit done. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrineTrp

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double