New Member

Hello Tennessean,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia welcomes you, to the greatest forum on earth.

The Whitworth Mauser is one of the most hugely under appreciated Africa-worthy rifles ever made.

Once upon a time, I was a Police Officer, in Soviet California for a few years but, then I escaped to Alaska.
After then 20 years with the Anchorage Police Department, I retired and went to work in Oil Field Security.
After a few years, I became an expediter (glorified truck driver) for the Spanish oil company “Repsol”, here in Alaska.
Eventually I was offered a security contract with the State Office of Children’s Protective Services, back down in Anchorage and I worked that for a few years.

Now, I’m a geezer so, I have semi-retired again, only accepting temporary work here and there, including representing the best Safari Company ever to jump and breathe.
Blah, blah, blah, anyway welcome, we’re glad you are here.

Best regards,
Paul
(Velo Dog)
 
Welcome Tennessean! And should I say fellow Tennessean. This is a great place to expand your knowledge, bounce ideas off the community, and plan your safari(most fun of all). I am in Nashville. What part of the state you in?
 
Welcome Tennessean! And should I say fellow Tennessean. This is a great place to expand your knowledge, bounce ideas off the community, and plan your safari(most fun of all). I am in Nashville. What part of the state you in?

I am in Bell Buckle but work in Murfreesboro. We are not that far apart at all.
 
I am in Bell Buckle but work in Murfreesboro. We are not that far apart at all.

No we are not. Love the Bell Buckle area. Just a note that in addition to AH, we have an SCI Chapter herein Nashville, Music City SCI, that meets every other month, and have alot of great folks from middle TN that share your same background and passions. Would love to see you there sometime. You can find on the web with a search of Music City SCI.

Good luck on your safari planning.

Also, thank you for your law enforcement service.
 
Hello Tennessean,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia welcomes you, to the greatest forum on earth.

The Whitworth Mauser is one of the most hugely under appreciated Africa-worthy rifles ever made.

Once upon a time, I was a Police Officer, in Soviet California for a few years but, then I escaped to Alaska.
After then 20 years with the Anchorage Police Department, I retired and went to work in Oil Field Security.
After a few years, I became an expediter (glorified truck driver) for the Spanish oil company “Repsol”, here in Alaska.
Eventually I was offered a security contract with the State Office of Children’s Protective Services, back down in Anchorage and I worked that for a few years.

Now, I’m a geezer so, I have semi-retired again, only accepting temporary work here and there, including representing the best Safari Company ever to jump and breathe.
Blah, blah, blah, anyway welcome, we’re glad you are here.

Best regards,
Paul
(Velo Dog)

Thanks Velo and thanks for your service. I nearly applied with the North Slope Borough (Barrow)PD. I talked to the Assistant Chief for several hours on the phone and found out that he and I started in LE about the same time two counties over from each other in rural Tennessee, knew a lot of the same people, etc, etc.
But, it would've meant a lot of time away from my kids so I decided to not pursue it any further. Now, I'm too damn old and too much time invested where I am to be poking around, looking to start a new job in a new place. I am here until I retire then I will find something else. I have been teaching defensive firearms classes for years and have recently started teaching qualified citizens. Hopefully, that progresses to a point where I can do it full time.
 
No we are not. Love the Bell Buckle area. Just a note that in addition to AH, we have an SCI Chapter herein Nashville, Music City SCI, that meets every other month, and have alot of great folks from middle TN that share your same background and passions. Would love to see you there sometime. You can find on the web with a search of Music City SCI.

Good luck on your safari planning.

Also, thank you for your law enforcement service.

Thanks Mort, I will certainly check it out. It would be mice to listen to some of those campfire stories before I actually get to Africa.
 
Thanks Mort, I will certainly check it out. It would be mice to listen to some of those campfire stories before I actually get to Africa.

Anything I can do to help you in the process of planning, feel free to PM me and I can get you contact info.
 
Welcome Chad. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!
 
Thanks Velo and thanks for your service. I nearly applied with the North Slope Borough (Barrow)PD. I talked to the Assistant Chief for several hours on the phone and found out that he and I started in LE about the same time two counties over from each other in rural Tennessee, knew a lot of the same people, etc, etc.
But, it would've meant a lot of time away from my kids so I decided to not pursue it any further. Now, I'm too damn old and too much time invested where I am to be poking around, looking to start a new job in a new place. I am here until I retire then I will find something else. I have been teaching defensive firearms classes for years and have recently started teaching qualified citizens. Hopefully, that progresses to a point where I can do it full time.

You are welcome and likewise, thank you for your service as well.
I was just passing through Barrow, in transit toward home, at the end of August.
I was returning from a short job as a wildlife guard, on the South Korean ice breaker “RV Araon”.
You didn’t miss much by not moving to Barrow hahahahaha (reminds me of Tiajuana, only cold and windy).
There are quite a few former Tennessee fellows here in Alaska, in various lines of work, including Law Enforcement.
I hear you on the getting old thing.
Arthritis is tormenting my feet, one knee and one thumb a lot.
Plus, the other hinges are slowly getting rusty on me as well.
Teaching forearms is rewarding for sure and yes, I hope you can roll that into a good retirement job.
Stay safe, don’t let them git you, they will try.
 
Glad to have here with us. Welcome
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,671
Members
169,814
Latest member
TREChara7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top