New member restriction ideas

TucsonFX4

AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 14, 2022
Messages
707
Reaction score
1,142
Location
Arizona, USA
It seems these Asian spammers are determined buggers and aren’t going to give up.

I’m sure others have better ideas, but it would be nice to implement some restrictions that would slow them down from clogging the forums.

My ideas:
Can only start one thread every 24 hours until reaching post count of 10…25…?

Can only post one reply every hour until reaching post count of 10…25…?

I’m sure these ideas have some downsides and others have better ideas than this. I’m also sure there are web admin limitations that may hinder these efforts. But I’m sure the admins would equally enjoy not having to deal with these dweebs every few days.

Post up your ideas and maybe we can find one or two that stick and help make this community better.
 
It seems these Asian spammers are determined buggers and aren’t going to give up.

I’m sure others have better ideas, but it would be nice to implement some restrictions that would slow them down from clogging the forums.

My ideas:
Can only start one thread every 24 hours until reaching post count of 10…25…?

Can only post one reply every hour until reaching post count of 10…25…?

I’m sure these ideas have some downsides and others have better ideas than this. I’m also sure there are web admin limitations that may hinder these efforts. But I’m sure the admins would equally enjoy not having to deal with these dweebs every few days.

Post up your ideas and maybe we can find one or two that stick and help make this community better.
@TucsonFX4 - sounds good to Me….but I’m unaware of how much work this might add to the Moderators and they already do a good job weeding out “junk”. I also have Zero computer skills and not sure if this adds any costs to the AH Forum etc..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,532
Members
169,753
Latest member
ShielaErsk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top