New Member/First safari August 2017

Welcome and good luck! Congratulations on your new addition to the family, im sure she will help you stay occupied while you wait. Shoot straight and once!

Welcome and good luck! Congratulations on your new addition to the family, im sure she will help you stay occupied while you wait. Shoot straight and once!
Thanks! No hunting trip lives up to the birth of a child that's for sure. On the other hand, hunting trips are much cheaper ha.

Guys any advice on footwear? I have some New Balance hiking shoes I wear for elk hunting, and chippewa or cowboy boots for the rest of the hunting I do.

Guys any advice on footwear? I have some New Balance hiking shoes I wear for elk hunting, and chippewa or cowboy boots for the rest of the hunting I do.

I was teased a bit in the thread where I posted this, and some in camp, but Vibram 5Fingers worked well for me! It's like going barefoot, if you're into that sort of thing. I now have 3 pairs of these. I enjoy them for running in the trails at the local nature park.
Whatever is comfortable for you, with plenty of miles traveled for wear-in. The other pair I wore were desert suede boots from Blackhawk. I still wear those from time to time, but I've got others I prefer now.
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.05.32 PM.png

Nice hog, Are there more where it came from? Do you need any help getting rid of them?

Fellow AH'ers, my hunting partner has dropped out of our Aug 6-13th hunt in Limpopo. Id like to fill the spot without placing the burden on the outfitter. Does anybody have interest? I will be flying out of Houston Aug 4th for a 5th arrival at Tambo. Thanks and happy hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg