New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

Reg26, congratulations that’s beautiful!
Bet we’d all like a range report when you can get to the range.

@Just Gina had hers come in yesterday at R&R but still waiting on ours to arrive (the one I'll pretend is mine ;) @Bob Nelson 35Whelen

We also have one in .22 Hornet and that new little 6.5x55 Ruger International ordered:)

52611.jpeg

My order came in today!
Looks great! Now the trick is to find a gloss black scope to match the sheen of the barrel. I have a .280 AI African that I have been searching a scope for, but unfortunately I can only find used ones for sale.

Looks great! Now the trick is to find a gloss black scope to match the sheen of the barrel. I have a .280 AI African that I have been searching a scope for, but unfortunately I can only find used ones for sale.
I gave up on trying to find gloss scopes. I have a couple of nice super grades and some Sako deluxe rifles that unfortunately have to live with matte scopes. Oh well, first world problems, I guess.

Those are beautiful rifles gents! I am working on procuring one myself... I'm on "the list." It will fit in nicely with my bevy! I am a huge .35 cal fan.View attachment 586231
@hoytcanon
People with class and intelligence own 35s, 25s, or 40 cal and over.
The peasants own othe so called hunting calibers.
The good thing is you don't need good looks if you have brains and class.
Bob

@hoytcanon
People with class and intelligence own 35s, 25s, or 40 cal and over.
The peasants own othe so called hunting calibers.
The good thing is you don't need good looks if you have brains and class.
Bob
The .35's "hunt" better than advertised... I have taken truck loads of game with .358 Win, .350 Rem Mag, .35 Whelen, .35 Sambar and a new .358-375 Ruger... this latest is a beast!

The .35's "hunt" better than advertised... I have taken truck loads of game with .358 Win, .350 Rem Mag, .35 Whelen, .35 Sambar and a new .358-375 Ruger... this latest is a beast!
@hoytcanon
That 358 ruger would be a beast.
What velocities is it giving.
Bob

@hoytcanon
That 358 ruger would be a beast.
What velocities is it giving.
Bob
The .358-375 Ruger is getting 3140 fps with the 225 Accubond and RL-17... it's a snappy son-of-a-gun on both ends... but I like the thump... it can really reach way out there and still carry plenty of energy.

The .358-375 Ruger is getting 3140 fps with the 225 Accubond and RL-17... it's a snappy son-of-a-gun on both ends... but I like the thump... it can really reach way out there and still carry plenty of energy.
@hoytcanon
Man that's motoring. 200fps faster than the Whelen.
She would get the 280 swift moving and the 310s would be up around 2,700fps or better.
Bob

@hoytcanon
Man that's motoring. 200fps faster than the Whelen.
She would get the 280 swift moving and the 310s would be up around 2,700fps or better.
Bob
I could load heavier but this was specifically made to reach out with an effective load... the 225 AB is about perfect for that.
20221208_084318.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you