New from NZ (ex SA)

Welcome aboard 243Fan. BUT for your own sake please change your moniker. If not, you will be in forever in "Bob's" SH**HOUSE. I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in already. At least you cannot claim that you weren't warned. Normally one's favorite calibers are not besmirched but in this case his Ire neither holds nor knows no bounds. LOL With the ribbing aside, please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what other caliber guns you own, do you reload.
@Shootist43
Art thanks for giving @243Fan the heads up about me. I will try and be nice and not scare him off to much.
He is probably a really nice person that just needs a bit of enlightenment.
Bob
 
Greetings everyone. New to this site. Love reading all the stories on here and a wealth of information.
Cheers
243Fan
@243Fan
I will firstly say welcome to AH mate its a great forum. As others have said you picked the wrong name with me around as I am an avid 25cal and 35 Whelen fan.
To me the 243 is a non contender it's to big for small game and to small for medium game
20210115_123439.jpg

Winchester spent a lot of money and telling lies to convince people the 243 is good. In reality it can't live up to the hype. If you can get 2,900fps with an 87 grainer and 2,800fps with a 100 grainer you will be doing well.
He'll the old 250 Savage was doing that back in 1925 and now with modern powders it leaves the 243 in its wake. Even @Wyatt Smith has built a 25/303 on a No4 SMLE action that will leave the 243 at the starting gate
Some people say they hunt with a 243 but to me you hunt with real cartridges from 25 up or you take a 243 for a lovely stroll in the bush. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
Please get a 25.
Bob
 
Welcome to AH!
 
243 Fan, FYI Bob Nelson 35 Whelen is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable shooter, he just has this THING about 243(s). But then all of us have problems of one sort or another. My 243 is very accurate, in fact I've won some State Championships with it. But I've never taken it hunting. Please join in the humor and don't feel set upon. For grins and or giggles do a "search" on AH for Bob's previous rants on the 243. Some of them will make the most ardent 243 fan chuckle.
 
243 Fan, FYI Bob Nelson 35 Whelen is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable shooter, he just has this THING about 243(s). But then all of us have problems of one sort or another. My 243 is very accurate, in fact I've won some State Championships with it. But I've never taken it hunting. Please join in the humor and don't feel set upon. For grins and or giggles do a "search" on AH for Bob's previous rants on the 243. Some of them will make the most ardent 243 fan chuckle.
@Shootist43
Art it's good to see you use your 243 for the only thing it's really good for. Punching holes in paper.
Bob
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Great to have you here and we are looking forward to hearing your adventures.
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!
 
Welcome to AH, hope we can soon read about your adventures.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,319
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top