Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
The only Consulate in CANADA is in Toronto.
Spending money to fly to the consulate and the time!

What an effective way to stop hunting and undermine an industry.

This is the same process for the USA but with the attendant trip to a
Consulate in the USA. New York I think is one. Don't know if there is another.

Legal authorization for introducing hunting firerms and ammunitions

Residents in our jurisdiction, who wish to go to Argentina with one or more firearms and their ammunition, with the proposal to perform hunting activity, sporting shooting or other legitimate purpose, must come personally to this Consulate to fill out the form described below, which includes his/her right thumb fingerprint and signature.

The applicant must hold the equivalent legal possess authorization extended by the local authority, identification document or passport, requiring the applicable "temporary authorization and temporary possess permit" of corresponding material, during their stay in Argentina.

When leaving Argentina, the individual will have to apply for at the competent Policy authority, which will verify the exit of the corresponding firearms and alive ammunition and will keep the temporary authorization and temporary possess permit. If any temporary introduced firearm left, the individual will have to justify that circumstance with the due documents. For further information, please visit this link of the RENAR.

I. REQUIREMENTS:

1. It is necessary an appoinment. The applicant may request it by e-mail, fax, tel, or personally in our office, from monday to friday, 9.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m.

2. The applicant must come with his valid passport.

3. Two (2) recent identical colour photographs, sized 4x4 cm or 1.5 x 1.5 inches, plain white background, full face, front view and open eyes, make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to shoulders (not include sunglasses or hats)

4. Valid Canadian firearms licence possesion.

5. Firearm Registration Certificate.

6. Airplane tickets indicating date of arrival and departure from Argentina; lenght of stay and address in Argentina.

7. Include a money order in Canandian dollars payable to: Consulate General of Argentina. Check the consular fees here. Appointments requested before 30 days from the date of the request are subject to the rush process fee.

II. PROCEDURE:

1. The documents will be processed and returned same day.

2. In order to facilitate the certification in the date of the appointment, we strongly advise applicants to send to the Consulate -by a certified mail or personally in our office- all the requirements indicated above. These documents should arrive at this Consulate with no less that 72 hs. of the date of the appointment. Otherwise, you may expect some delay.

3. On the occasion, the Consulate will generate a certificate in which the applicant will put his/her fingerprint and signature. After the signature of the Consul, it will be given back to him/her with the original documents already submitted.

http://cnyor.mrecic.gov.ar/en/node/5402

http://ctoro.mrecic.gob.ar/en/node/945

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to gather this information! (y)

Puts a new spin on taking your guns to Argentina.

Looks like renting a gun will be the way to go...

How much notice did you get for this change of rules Bert?

Yea unfortunately for the outfits in Argentina, Bert hit the nail on the head.

Just moved ZN up higher on the list. Sorry Rocket.

Just found out today.

Totally not the outfitters fault. But bottom line is thst to compete the overall deal must be competitive. With the government adding a huge hassle the outfitters are in a bad situation. Perhaps with the decline in Argentine currency they can offer a price that makes it worth the effort. If there were species unavailable elsewhere or something else to make it worthwhile it might not hurt too bad. But as it is, I predict a big negative impact.

Then there are reports of difficulties in getting trophies home. That also dampens enthusiasm for a hunt there. Bruce

Brickburn,
Please send me the link where you got this from.
We have quite a few clients going this year.
Thank you.....

Brickburn,
Please send me the link where you got this from.
We have quite a few clients going this year.
Thank you.....

Robert I edited the original post to include the links you requested.

The other one to remember is the Reciprocity Fee which you have to get Online before leaving.

http://ctoro.mrecic.gob.ar/en/node/804

The Canadian website shows a different amount as above.
The US site shows this

tasa_repocidad_ingles_2015.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We are really pissed off about thi ridiculous and stupid decision of Argentine RENAR Department.
If they want to do things difficult, they are doing a good job that I cant understand, but this not going to last much before they realized how big is the mistake they are making.
I start my dove season in Cordoba five days a go and finished the first group a couple hours a go, and waiting for the next group arrives this afternoon.......We have tree more groups from 15 February to March 4........all of them are renting guns about this stupid rule.

I am sure the RENAR only can loose with this crazy thing for the simply reazon that some just not will come, many others just will rent a gun, and a few will do the consular job, and the RENAR will loose the many they want.
Anyway I have to check for first timers with guns in Argentina there is a chance to use the "only for this time" article, if is your first time and you dont have the consullar paper thy put a red stamp in your gun entrancy paper saying only for this time.I did it last year with some hunters, i will check it out with RENAR today if I can and I will confirm this.

See you....!!!!

If there were species unavailable elsewhere or something else to make it worthwhile it might not hurt too bad. But as it is, I predict a big negative impact.

There are and you can hunt them but you are not allowed to export them. They lost my money right there.

Anyway I have to check for first timers with guns in Argentina there is a chance to use the "only for this time" article, if is your first time and you dont have the consullar paper thy put a red stamp in your gun entrancy paper saying only for this time.I did it last year with some hunters, i will check it out with RENAR today if I can and I will confirm this.

See you....!!!!

Interesting little clause. Not sure I'd want to risk my trip on it though Rocket.

Please share the "wording" of this clause. Perhaps, it may be a method to use.

Thanks for posting this Brickburn. Some friends have been talking about going to Argentina to shoot birds, but having done that twice, I said I would go but would hunt big game instead. I spoke to a good half-dozen outfitters at SCI this past weekend, and had some good leads. But this makes my decision for me. I like to shoot my own guns, and I don't like stupid rules. And this is a stupid rule. I will let those to whom I spoke know that I cannot go as a result of this.

There are so many places in the world to hunt, and so little time I can dedicate to it, that Argentina just went on the "too much trouble" list.

I assume others will feel the same way. Too bad for the hunting industry.

I would like everyone to know:
You can't bring back Ducks, Birds,Puma, Peccary and or any animal which is indigenous to Argentina.

PS: Thank you Brickburn

I would like everyone to know:
You can't bring back Ducks, Birds,Puma, Peccary and or any animal which is indigenous to Argentina.

To the USA.

Any other countries have import issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickburn, you are correct only the USA......

To the USA.

Any other countries have import issues?

No import issues, however, every source I have contacted has told me Argentina has an EXPORT ban on all indigenous game.

No import issues, however, every source I have contacted has told me Argentina has an EXPORT ban on all indigenous game.

The Argentine government must be bound and determined to screw with its' hunting operators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg