New Buffalo Bore loads

Nice. Some pretty interesting loads in all that, and cartridges.

Am I reading that correctly….. $20-50 per bullet??

My friend, Mr. Mark Sullivan of Nitro Express Safaris in Tanzania was instrumental in developing these new offerings. Last year, he took the owner of Buffalo Bore Ammunition out on safari to Tanzania as his client so that they could trial the new prototype dangerous game cartridges on the African Big Five prior to releasing them to the public for commercial purposes.

Originally the .577 Nitro Express and .600 Nitro Express expanding cartridges were going to be loaded with Cutting Edge Raptors. But I had suggested to Mark to use Barnes TSX (750Gr) and Hammer Spitzer Shock (900Gr) in both of these cartridges instead (since the Cutting Edge Raptors were lighter in weight than their solid counterparts). I’m glad that my advice was paid heed to. Now, the solid cartridges and expanding cartridges for both these calibers are of the same weight and can regulate to the same Point of Impact easier in double rifles.

Last edited:
Curious, they chose to stick with the traditional 525gr bullet for the 505 Gibbs but went with a more modern 570gr bullet weight for the 500 Jeffery. Wonder what prompted that decision?

I'm happy to see someone producing these rare cartridges, even if the price is high.

Does anyone know if they ship to Canada id like to get my hands on some of the .455 Webley loads.

Curious, they chose to stick with the traditional 525gr bullet for the 505 Gibbs but went with a more modern 570gr bullet weight for the 500 Jeffery. Wonder what prompted that decision?

I'm happy to see someone producing these rare cartridges, even if the price is high.
Barring Rhino in South Africa, nobody currently manufactures a 600Gr .505 caliber expanding bullet (except Woodleigh who haven’t produced any .505 caliber bullets ever since the fire in 2021). Otherwise, they would have used it. I even suggested this to Mark, myself.

I must say, I do love seeing more manufactures providing Cutting Edge and Hammer bullets as options along with TSX and Aframes. The results speak for themselves…

Barring Rhino in South Africa, nobody currently manufactures a 600Gr .505 caliber expanding bullet (except Woodleigh who haven’t produced any .505 caliber bullets ever since the fire in 2021). Otherwise, they would have used it. I even suggested this to Mark, myself.

Impala Bullets also doe a 600gr bullet for the 505 and one of my close friends uses them and loves them 600gr at 2150fps is quite a train.

The 577 and 600 ne at 40-50 a pop oouch. must really hurt as much if not more than the recoil...but then who else is making them in the US probably no one.

Just the brass casing on a 577 or 600 is $15-20 each or more.

This works out to $8.50/case for 577. I was looking for 50-140 (3 1/4") the other day; found some at $7.50/case and thought that was expensive. I guess if you can't afford it find another hobby.

Attachments

• 577 Nitro Express, BPE 3%22 Unprimed Brass Cases.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
Everyone deserves a chance to make a buck but that does sound a bit ripe.
Hey? I didn’t make any comment about price so bit confused why you’re quoting me for that..?

I used the 570gr A-frame for my 505.

Nothing wrong with the 525gr bullet in the Gibbs though. The 535gr in the Jeffery was a fine load as well.

I used the 570gr A-frame for my 505.

Nothing wrong with the 525gr bullet in the Gibbs though. The 535gr in the Jeffery was a fine load as well.

How would a 500gr .510 @2000-2100fps go for buff or elephant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.