Never posted a pic here, but wanted to post my Kudu

Daisy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I love how wide it was. Haven’t seen a ton like it but I love it.
IMG_0757.jpeg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing

They were still flaring out at the tops. Nice!

Well there you go, nice

Beautiful looking Kudu. I love the wide ones too.

It was next to last day and getting dark. I had taken 7 animals so far and had made some really good shots. My PH and I had developed a real report over the week I had been hunting. Kudu had been elusive with me not getting a shot or them not being a mature old bull.

We saw tracks with maybe 30 minutes left of daylight and started our stalk. We came upon him at about 100 yards and he winded us and took off hard, almost straight away from me. I got on sticks and my PH said “I trust you, if you can make the shot take him.” I hit him in spine running dead away at 175 yards. He dropped on spot. When we got to him he was still alive but couldn’t move rear legs and was done. I put another shot to humanely put him down. I think my PH said he thought he was over 10 years old. He was a grizzled old bull with worn tips. He measured 48”, but you’ll notice he doesn’t have the deep wide spirals at base, which is apparently necessary for them to score really long. Truly I don’t care what the number is, he is perfect in my book and the product of many many hours hunting Kudu.

My PH also showed me if you look down the spiral from the tips the eye is in the center. Probably so they can see what they are spearing with horns. God is awesome.

I took 2 in Namibia in 2013, the first one was old and battle scared but really tight curls. The PH didn't recommend getting a shoulder mount so I went with a European mount. The second one appeared a lot larger so I had a shoulder done of him. Interesting enough, they both measured 50".

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Nice one, congrats !

Beautiful kudu, congrats!!!! If I could only hunt one animal, it would definitely be a Kudu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24hvisa

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]