Need some solid dad advice from experienced hunter dads

Hi Guys,

Many moons have passed since this thread was created, the kids have grown, and the hunts have accumulated.

my daughter who is now 11 still loves her pre-64 model 70 in .243 Win with a 1-4x Schmidt and Bender scope. She took a black bear with it when she was 8 and both she and her younger siblings have taken many deer with it out to about 240 yards, along with red deer and other creatures.

her younger brother is now 9 and he has a custom 7x64 with a Swarovski 3-9x33 optic on it. He loves his gun and has taken record book pronghorn and oryx with it along with many deer.

the youngest will soon pass hunter’s Ed and we’ll have to decide what he gets shortly.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,215
Members
169,965
Latest member
CathrynBeg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top