Need help with boots

I bought the Salomon Quest 4 (Non-GTX) but the socks I was planning to wear just didn't fit well with them. I had bought some Merrel Moab 2 boots on sale and those felt great, so I went with those for my hunt. Now I'm back on the look for some boots. The Merrel's were fine for comfort & foot support but I need high boots for better ankle support. With the rock covered terrain we were, and without the flexy ankles of a PH, my ankles had a workout. Next year I'll want some high boots.

The problem I have with the Quests is that I can't get pressure right for the midfoot area. I can get the forefoot nice and comfortably snug. And I can get the top ankle fit right. But in the midfoot area I end up with too much pressure and the feeling my foot is going to fall asleep. I end up having to loosen laces but then can't get upper ankle tight enough to have support. Annoying thing is that its only noticeable after about 15 mins of walking, everything feels good at first. Would other boots work better for this? Had recommendations to look at Meindl/Lowa/Crispi boots for better comfort & heel support.

Kenetrek safaris $400 have more support than Keen lightweights $150. Last much longer. I’m taking both to Africa in September.

I usually go to Namibia in April, May. On my first trip I picked up a pair of Kudu leather vellies or veldtschoen. Unlined, simple laces, they do me fine. I would not however be without a pair of ankle gaiters from Save your Socks in Grootfontein. they have a Facebook page and will deliver to your PH/outfitter or WhatsApp them at +264812965074.
I have no affiliation to them other than being a happy customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg