NAMIBIA: Ohange Safari Lodge

Just Passing Through

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Patron Member, SCI, IWLA
This isn't strictly about hunting. My wife and I visited Ohange (Ohange Safari Lodge) and found it to be a really great place to relax a bit and dust off some of the travel stress. The hosts were as good as it gets and the lodge was beautiful.

Although it is not connected to the main lodge property, Justus did take us out on some of the other family property and found a good warthog for me to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I saw the Otavi Mountains they provided an incredible smoke show during the day time and fire light show at night that was pretty amazing to.

Attachments

• IMG_1113_zpse5dae73b.jpg
    IMG_1113_zpse5dae73b.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 108
Did you see the photo of a piece of furniture inside the lodge (second photo in the third group at bottom of their main page). I don't know what type of wood this is but Justus had a laugh when he dared me to lift it. That is the heaviest wood that I have ever seen.

My wife loved this lodge. Life is much easier when she is happy.

Given that description, my money would be Leadwood.

I just looked up leadwood on some exotic hardwoods sites. The lodge furniture must be made of leadwood. It felt like I was trying to lift a Buick. That stuff weighs 76 pounds per cubic foot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FletcherJo

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.