Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA Canada, RSA, Argentina, Namibia/Caprivi
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I think I have finally figured out how to post pictures so here we go.

watermark.php

Camp was very comfortable and was set up in a way that enabled us to watch game all the time. The food was the best camp food I have ever had, in fact it was great food for anywhere. the sunrizes and sun set are wonderful in this part of the world.

watermark.php

One morning I watched 46 elephant come by camp.

watermark.php

The elephant hunting itself was very exciting and I still can't believe what a great elephant I took.

watermark.php

watermark.php

The rifle I used is a Krieghoff .470 with Hornady 500 gr. DGS solids. The rifle and ammo worked very well. After taking the elephant Fred and I spent some time fishing on both the Zambezi and the Chobe. Although we had several hookups we did not land any tiger fish but we did catch some catfish at camp. This is the first time I ever used elephant meat for bait. After landing back in Windhoek Vaughn picked me up and took me to dinner with his beautiful family. His wife and daughters fixed a dinner that was out of this world. I could not have enjoyed myself anymore than I did. His entire family made me feel at home. The next day Fred and his lovely wife Rose took me out to dinner before I flew home and I had another great evening. I have heard many people say your first safari can never be beat, but it seems to get better and better every time I go. The Caprivi can be a tough place to hunt but if I have a chance to return again it will be with Fulton Classic Safaris.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

From Vaughan and Patricia to Sarah and Fred and Rose, they are just first class people.

And that makes for a first class operation.

Glad you had a great time!

Jaustin, This is awesome! You must really cherish your Krieghoff now and the ivory is beautiful. Well done! :clap:

Congratulations on a successful hunt. Vaughan and his family are certainly first class.

Thanks Jerome for helping me with the pictures. I showed a picture of the tusks to a friend of mine and he said if this is a non-trophy elephant he would love to see a trophy elephant. As for myself, this will always be a trophy in my mind.

Well done, very nice elephant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg