Name this base . . .

RR 314

AH legend
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
2,156
Reaction score
4,779
Media
26
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Date of manufacture is 1989 in London. My best guess is Zeiss, but figured someone (likely many) can immediately identify. Thanks in advance. Quick release and front and rear are identical.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 164
One time to the top. I tried Google image search and couldn't find anything (but I am technologically challenged). Thanks.
 
Hi,

Don't know what is the brand. Would like to see the rings. But to me is a very clever design! Very low and with a strong stop. Very good!!!
 
Im surprised nobody recognizes these here. I figured this place was your best chance!
 
Date of manufacture is 1989 in London. My best guess is Zeiss, but figured someone (likely many) can immediately identify. Thanks in advance. Quick release and front and rear are identical.

What leads you to think it might be Zeiss?

To my knowledge the only scope base Zeiss ever made was their old ZM/VM rail system that was "ringless" and doesnt look anything like that...
 
What leads you to think it might be Zeiss?

To my knowledge the only scope base Zeiss ever made was their old ZM/VM rail system that was "ringless" and doesnt look anything like that...
I had Zeiss rings (well, what my rusty memory told me were Zeiss rings) on a 1980s build that were very similar to these rings. Assumed the rings went on Zeiss bases. May be way off. I no longer have that rifle to compare.
 
I had Zeiss rings (well, what my rusty memory told me were Zeiss rings) on a 1980s/1990s build that were very similar to these rings. Assumed the rings went on Zeiss bases. May be way off. They may not have even been Zeiss. CTE may be kicking in. I no longer have that rifle to compare.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,330
Members
169,525
Latest member
NatashaU03
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top