My Studio VS African Studio A Match Up... COSTS

Personally I think African taxidermy cannot be compared to the work in the USA. I have never done a comparison on cost. Dennis have some interesting figures. If top quality is the main concern I believe picking a guy like Dennis should be the way to go.

Thank you Pieter, I Appreciate the compliments coming from a Professional like yourself !
I am Very Glad you like the work I post ! Thank you again!

No close ups and the photos are grainy when enlarged but at first glance the look like they are not an African Taxidermist
Did you say he's not an " African taxidermist?" Seriously?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 269
I'm sure he meant he's not located in Africa, hence not an African Taxidermist.

Last edited:
Which particular meaning could be applied.
1. African Taxidermy: Taxidermy done in Africa
2. African Taxidermist: Citizen of an African country that happens to do taxidermy.
3. Taxidermist of African Species.

English is such a fun language.

The title of this thread.....

"My Studio vs African Studio a match up... cost

My Studio = The Artistry of Wildlife

African Studio = Any studio in Africa

Artistry of Wildlife vs Africa......"the continent"

It's very easy to stay in that scope........or is it?

I made a comment about searching for a taxidermist and stating that the quality of work Dennis Harris produces has no match from an African Taxidermist.

I was quoted and directed to check out a taxidermist.......the comparative was not from Africa but from the USA

Anything else?

Yes Johnny seems to think you were talking about his taxidermist....

. ........

The facts for that assertion are not in evidence here.
Scope was actually focused on ONE specific invoice originally provided by Royal for ONE African continental taxidermist, not every African continental taxidermist.
A useful and reasonable comparison to start.. It is a great myth to confront when done reasonably.

I made a comment about searching for a taxidermist and stating that the quality of work Dennis Harris produces has no match from an African Taxidermist.

I have not visited, nor have I seen EVERY taxidermist's work that operates in Africa, thus I refrain from making these kind of over generalization to avoid inane blather.
The last batch of which I dealt with in another thread by :V Guillotine:

Anything else?

In my attempt to focus people on reading for meaning you apparently drew the conclusion that I was commenting on your specific post. My apologies for not being more clear. I was merely attempting to assist in focusing contributors comments to facilitate clarity. :V Chair:

I won't lose any sleep over it

I've made my decision for a taxidermist for my next ten mounts and for everything beyond that I really couldn't care less if I tried

Awesome. That is exactly what you should do. Find the work you like, for the price you like, in the country you like, get it done and bring it home and enjoy it.

You're satisfied then you win.

Ted you want a pic of your kudu here. This guy is simply incredible...Jamie paints him this week.Then he leaves for Texas next week a for deliveries and can drop him off....coming thru

The title of this thread.....

"My Studio vs African Studio a match up... cost

My Studio = The Artistry of Wildlife

Artistry of Wildlife vs Africa......"the continent"

It's very easy to stay in that scope........or is it?

I was quoted and directed to check out a taxidermist.......the comparative was not from Africa but from the USA

Anything else?
Nope I'm done

Just a note, Never looked at another taxidermy studio to set my pricing.
Got Huge surprise yesterday , saw a Wildlife Gallery 2012 Price list....
My 2015/16 prices are lower....by hundreds on most African Shoulder mounts and Life-size.

Dennis, your pushing a rock up hill........ When you buy a car do you say the Lamborghini is a lot more then a Chevy......you can't make everyone happy.....I have a saying ..... Cheap is expensive .... Expensive is cheap....

I haven't read all the posts on the thread, but I much prefer it when a client has the taxidermist work done in his home country.

I haven't read all the posts on the thread, but I much prefer it when a client has the taxidermist work done in his home country.

It saves you a lot of headaches as the Outfitter. Truly, I do not think any commission is really worth the PIA that can come from it. The Outfitter has to trust the taxidermy they recommended or their name is mud.

I would as I do al clients tell them if they want flat rugs without heads or buckskins have them done in Africa they are cheaper and take a lot of weight off the shipping an no dip pack fees for them.

I know it’s not a lot of savings. SO is getting work done in Africa at a Africa taxidermy studio Really Cheaper?????

After having a skull mount done in Africa, and having it come back smelly, damaged, and with bugs, I will no longer go with "cheaper"..........I'd rather have it done "correctly". That goes for my flat skins as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross