My new Heym 404 Jeff

Thanks for all the kind words and I’m really starting to get excited about the 404’s impending arrival.

I was able to find the original sketch that the engraver did for the Buffalo and I’m adding it to the thread for review. I think his engraving came remarkably close to the mockup.
Image1711064640.097458.jpg

HH

Thanks for all the kind words and I’m really starting to get excited about the 404’s impending arrival.

I was able to find the original sketch that the engraver did for the Buffalo and I’m adding it to the thread for review. I think his engraving came remarkably close to the mockup.
View attachment 594705

HH
The engravers work is impeccable! His shading and work on the Buffs hair and the grass below is just stunning!!!

Absolutely beautiful 404 Jeff. The engraver did a fabulous job on the buff and the case color hardening is stunning. That's a rifle to hand down for generations.

I've secretly had a crush on the 404 Jeff for a long time. It has nostaglia and panache. It's on my buy, or trade up to, list in the next couple years.

What scope did you decide on? How is load development going? I'd be looking hard at running some 400gr Northfork Cup Point Solids, NF Softs and Swift A-Frame's through it.

Absolutely beautiful 404 Jeff. The engraver did a fabulous job on the buff and the case color hardening is stunning. That's a rifle to hand down for generations.

I've secretly had a crush on the 404 Jeff for a long time. It has nostaglia and panache. It's on my buy, or trade up to, list in the next couple years.

What scope did you decide on? How is load development going? I'd be looking hard at running some 400gr Northfork Cup Point Solids, NF Softs and Swift A-Frame's through it.

Thank you for the kind words on the Heym. The scope I have picked on the pictured detachable mounts is a Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3x42 - 4A-IF.

I am starting with Van Gruff’s load of:

400 grain Swift A-Frame
84 grains of H4350
400 grain North Fork Solid
83.7 grains of H4350

I plan on starting my serious testing after Turkey season of which I start in North Texas this Thursday, followed by Alabama and Oklahoma.

HH

Thank you for the kind words on the Heym. The scope I have picked on the pictured detachable mounts is a Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3x42 - 4A-IF.

I am starting with Van Gruff’s load of:

400 grain Swift A-Frame
84 grains of H4350
400 grain North Fork Solid
83.7 grains of H4350

I plan on starting my serious testing after Turkey season of which I start in North Texas this Thursday, followed by Alabama and Oklahoma.

HH

I use the 400 gr Swift AF and 84 gr of H4350 and it's the magic load!

Congrats on the beautiful new addition!

Very niceHeym/Martini got it rigth on both the wood & metal.

I am hoping that some day soon I willl het a chance to fire mine.

Lon

I'd put that buffalo on my forearm as a tattoo!!! That may very well be the nicest rifle I have ever seen!!

Absolutely stunning ! It needs to accompany you on a hippopotamus-on-land hunt very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you