My 303-25

Well @Bob Nelson 35Whelen i found my new scope mount lying in a ditch along side the road today. Now I’ve got to go cut it up, and split it. A nice big wild cherry.
Send us some pictures if you can before you cut it up. Kinda like a found trophy?
 
Well @Bob Nelson 35Whelen i found my new scope mount lying in a ditch along side the road today. Now I’ve got to go cut it up, and split it. A nice big wild cherry.
@Wyatt Smith
Y'all better get out ya uncle Henry's whittling knife as well to finish the job. A chainsaw and block buster will rough the amount out but you will need at knife as well.
Are you going to make the rings out of wild cherry as well.
Bob
 
@Wyatt Smith
Y'all better get out ya uncle Henry's whittling knife as well to finish the job. A chainsaw and block buster will rough the amount out but you will need at knife as well.
Are you going to make the rings out of wild cherry as well.
Bob
Uncle Henry's or Uncle Von Gruff's whittling knife. I wonder if Garry even makes/could make a whittling knife?
 
Well bad news. I removed the “peep” sight and bore sighted the barrel sight. I could not get the sight low enough to zero it, before the back of the action would get in the line of sight. I will just get a scope mount and scope, (soon as I can afford them) and then I will be able to finally use this thing.
@Wyatt Smith
Me thinks it is about time you updated your post and put some pictures on with the scope attached and tell us how it is shooting.
Looking forward to seeing how it performs both at the range and in the field.
Bob
 
Of course Bob,
Since the last post, I have purchased an Accumount scope mount and a leupold Vx-3 3.5-10.
I worked up a starting load from 257 Robert’s data with IMR 4166 and 85 grain ballistic tips, and loaded 20 rounds to zero the scope.
Between the fading light and having to jog back and forth to the target, (to beat darkness) I was able to get the scope zeroed.
I managed to shoot 2” groups under the poor conditions, but I expect that will improve.
I must say that I am dissatisfied with the scope mount. It won’t allow the bolt to be removed, makes top loading difficult, and it seems “chintsy” how it attaches to the action. It does seem to be working so far.
 
E2AE05B3-7C1E-4433-8578-D3E07D0F5BB5.jpeg
 
Well Bob. About half a dozen groundhogs and that many or more coyotes. Fortunately I don’t eat either one, the 85 grain ballistic tips are destructive. I need to have my machinist friend work on the scope base a bit. I cannot remove the bolt. He may make a new one, which he will drill and tap the receiver to fit.
 
Well Bob. About half a dozen groundhogs and that many or more coyotes. Fortunately I don’t eat either one, the 85 grain ballistic tips are destructive. I need to have my machinist friend work on the scope base a bit. I cannot remove the bolt. He may make a new one, which he will drill and tap the receiver to fit.
@Wyatt Smith
You will have to load up some 80gn TTSX or a nice 100gn sp and go and bag a deer or 2.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,319
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top