Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
News article on us.

Mucheni Conservancy
After realizing that our natural resources and wildlife is coming to an end, we sat down as ward development committee and came up with idea of forming an conservancy which will be managed by the community through ward councillor and his royal highness chief Sinansengwe. Seven families had settled themselves in a protected area. We started this in 2014, the process took us 2 years for everything to be done, for approval. Community does the management of the area administered by Rural district Council on behalf of the community. When we started this conservancy, there was nothing not even a spoor of any animals, we thank Tokoloshe safaris for supporting our initiative when there was no signs of wildlife in our bush. We started by making in roads, which was most expensive part, Tokoloshe safaris paid for these services, we did 47km, we also formed the anti poaching unit, with 2 voluntary committed young men, in first week they removed 328 snares, up-to-date they removed 533 snares. Again Tokoloshe safaris supported us with rangers complete uniforms from boots to hats, handcuffs, wire cutters, backpacks and camping equipment also rations, within a year of this partnership now we are smiling to see animals in our are, buffaloes, warthogs, bushpigs, lots of elephants, kudus, impalas, plenty of leapards, lions, other antelopes and other small animals. In March this year Steve Taylor supported us with uniforms(jackets)and other bush clothing for rangers and warning sign boards to the poachers in both local language and English. We are now at advanced stage on our new beautiful camp, borehole was drilled which is used for both animals and human this was all done with support from Tokoloshe safaris who are again our safari operator in our conservancy. In April this year Tokoloshe safaris bought solar water pump for community,our pump had worn out for our 8 km piped water scheme. We manage to remove the illegal settled families amicable through dialogues and conservation education without using law enforcement. We have also school conservation clubs which is supported by ALERT, TOKOLOSHE SAFARIS, NATIONAL PARKS AND SINANSENGWE COMMUNITY ANTI POACHING UNIT. Now the area is protected, any trespassers will be persecuted and dealt with accordingly.
Thank you for your support in saving our natural resources and wildlife.
ELMON MUDENDA (Ward councillor)

IMG-20180529-WA0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Great job done by you and good luck with this project.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Congratulations on forming this partnership. I look forward to hearing about the ongoing success of this community driven conservation effort.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Great job, thanks for sharing and best of luck moving forward!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Great news. Well done!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Excellent! Pay it forward.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
When you have community support things go so much easier. Congrats of getting things rolling.
Bruce

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Great job and thanks for sharing with us. I am going to save this as my screen saver and the next conversation I have with an anti-hunter I will let them read it. This is the best explanation of why hunting saves wildlife, and hunters dollars at work.

Aaron Nietfeld

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Can you tell us more about the conservancy?

slam8031

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
rsa
That is an outstanding story! May you have great success!

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Aaron,
I am in the states at the moment I just had on my right shoulder arm hand and it is very difficult for me to type on this phone.

The article that you read was by Elmon the tribal counselor, a great guy and a"born again conservationist".

Two years ago he finally convinced us to come look at their newly formed conservancy. The area had no sign of wildlife with the exception of marauding elephant, lion and leopard. The loss to their cattle and goats was devastating. Elephant destroyed everything! The people had received virtually no financial aid in over ten years.

My wife and I decided we would take a gamble and invest time and money and do no hunting for the first year. We worked with the chief, counselor and the community in building roads, doing anti poaching, removing snares and now developing water points. We are also in the late stages of building a permanent comfortable camp with Pure running hot and cold water.

At first the game came and left in small numbers. Now the game is staying we have a number of "good dagga boys" excellent lion and a good number of resident leopard. The elephant have always been in good numbers, but now we are seeing bulls in the 40lb class. We will be doing no plains game this year and none planned for next.

This is about as much as I can type at the moment.
I do want to say that everything that we write, say or do is being watched and they are attempting to do anything to see that no legal hunting takes place.

As long as we have community support and our money holds out my wife and I will devote our lives to this endevor.

I am also encouraging Mr. Elmon Madenda to write a series of articles on wildlife, poaching and wildlife- human conflict from a "Black Africans" point of view, he is a fine man who is totally commited to hunting and conservation of both the land and the wildlife.

A few weeks ago all of the chiefs in Zimbabwe were given new bakkies/pickups. He couldn't wait to haul his first load of game salt!

As I stated in another post all members are welcome to come visit. Sorry hunting costs a bit more!

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
I reviewed what i wrote I left out just had surgery.
The major error was the fact that a anti hunting group out of the UK is doing everything posible to have us removed. These are the same people who state all lion leopard, elephant and rhino will be extinct in ten years!

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Keep fighting the good fight Lon. You, your wife and Tokoloshe Safaris are an inspiration. God bless you all.
Hope the surgery went well and you are back in the game very soon!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Hope your recovery is complete and fast. Best of luck.
Bruce

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Tokoloshe Safaris, and the conservatory families. I can forsee this being a major part of Africa in the future, committed people doing more than "their bit" for Africa, and its people.
We on AH should support, and encourage this venture, and all who follow the lead.
Geoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hugues

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J