Mozambique Elephant

Huntforever

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 13, 2022
Messages
740
Reaction score
1,824
Media
41
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Mex/S.Amer
2
Can you currently Import elephants from Mozambique? I heard a lot of imports are making it into the USA now.
 
That brings me to another question. What country’s in Africa can you import elephant from now? I heard at the Dallas show we are getting a lot more elephants and lions into the USA.
 
Got my permit from USFWS for my 2021 Botswana elephant in December. Ivory on the way now. Other hunts/imports have been approved for Zimbabwe and Namibia. I’ve heard that permits for Tanzania and the Niassa Reserve area in Mozambique are coming. You still have to hunt an area with an outfitter that is doing lots of conservation and anti poaching work that can be documented. Applications are evaluated on a hunt by hunt basis. I would contact Conservation Force for the latest information before booking a hunt.
 
Can you currently Import elephants from Mozambique? I heard a lot of imports are making it into the USA now.
I don’t know what areas in Mozambique would have huntable bull elephants. Not in or around Niassa for sure. Only area I can think about is adjacent to Kruger and/or Gonarhezou.
 
That brings me to another question. What country’s in Africa can you import elephant from now? I heard at the Dallas show we are getting a lot more elephants and lions into the USA.
it is not so much country as it is about your outfitter having all records and meets the requirements of our good old US government. You will find some big names that are not successful importing elephants due to their not meeting requirements even in countries that have proven record of importing. You are focused on the wrong thing
 
Conservation Force turned in my application for Zim ivory in December for my late Sept hunt. I was told the backlog was about 1 year but there was more backlog in some countries than others.
 
Got my permit from USFWS for my 2021 Botswana elephant in December. Ivory on the way now. Other hunts/imports have been approved for Zimbabwe and Namibia. I’ve heard that permits for Tanzania and the Niassa Reserve area in Mozambique are coming. You still have to hunt an area with an outfitter that is doing lots of conservation and anti poaching work that can be documented. Applications are evaluated on a hunt by hunt basis. I would contact Conservation Force for the latest information before booking a hunt.
Very good news sir!
 
IMG_5311.jpeg
 
Got my permit from USFWS for my 2021 Botswana elephant in December. Ivory on the way now. Other hunts/imports have been approved for Zimbabwe and Namibia. I’ve heard that permits for Tanzania and the Niassa Reserve area in Mozambique are coming. You still have to hunt an area with an outfitter that is doing lots of conservation and anti poaching work that can be documented. Applications are evaluated on a hunt by hunt basis. I would contact Conservation Force for the latest information before booking a hunt.
It's been awhile since I've been to Africa and am not up on everything I should be. So how do I contact Conservation Force? I'd love to hunt Botswana and since elephants are now importable, I want to start looking into this.
 
it is not so much country as it is about your outfitter having all records and meets the requirements of our good old US government. You will find some big names that are not successful importing elephants due to their not meeting requirements even in countries that have proven record of importing. You are focused on the wrong thing
I am using Conservation Force for my April 24 Elephant hunt. I reached out first to my PH, Tokoloshe and they confirmed they had successfully exported. I then got a great reference with one of our own very well respected member that he was successful with both the outfitter and area in Zim. The charge for just the fee not Cites permit is $2500 which is a bargain given they have been successful in our US Courts.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,777
Members
169,015
Latest member
ficstamite1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top