Mounts on the wall

Look great, thank you for sharing. I have a question regarding your sable. I really like that pose, do you know what pose/form it is? I have a sable that will be mounted soon when the taxidermists get the hide from the tannery and I have not decided on the pose yet and I like the looks of yours.

Look great, thank you for sharing. I have a question regarding your sable. I really like that pose, do you know what pose/form it is? I have a sable that will be mounted soon when the taxidermists get the hide from the tannery and I have not decided on the pose yet and I like the looks of yours.
I don’t know but can reach out to taxidermist and see if there is a name for it. Taxidermist is in SA so I will send them an email tonight.

Looks great! Those storage fees are a giant scam
Yeah I agree but knew they were coming. Trophy shippers warned me about them and they are out of his control until they clear. I would be ok at 50/per day or something reasonable. Two hundred a day a little excessive.

Yeah I agree but knew they were coming. Trophy shippers warned me about them and they are out of his control until they clear. I would be ok at 50/per day or something reasonable. Two hundred a day a little excessive.
I can agree with a small fee as well, $200 a day is excessive in my opinion. My first crate back in 2019 was hit with a couple days worth, this last crate in 2022 I tracked and pestered the agent and was able to avoid most of the fees. Guess it’s all part of the game - big picture it’s not much, I just get perturbed if I feel they are taking advantage of the situation.
Anyhow - that wall looks great and glad they arrived safely. And I agree with Kevin - there’s plenty of room for a buff or two

Great display!! Well done. Did you have the mounts (looking right, left, straight) specked out on the wall before leaving the taxidermist? And, how did you attach them to the wall - studs, plywood backing, etc.??

Great display!! Well done. Did you have the mounts (looking right, left, straight) specked out on the wall before leaving the taxidermist? And, how did you attach them to the wall - studs, plywood backing,
Great display!! Well done. Did you have the mounts (looking right, left, straight) specked out on the wall before leaving the taxidermist? And, how did you attach them to the wall - studs, plywood backing, etc.??
I have 3/4 inch plywood behind the wall. I just mounted them on a large bolt. I really didn’t plan out I picked my mounts off the taxidermist website with the form that I liked and then when they arrived mounted them on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg